By Dr. Lloyd Berg, PhD.
Turkeys might take center stage at the dining room table this Thanksgiving, but everyone knows filling side dishes are really the fan favorites!
And while traditional green bean casseroles are standard fare, it’s time they move over and let something a little bit more sweet have a go at impressing the family.
This month’s recipe comes from various sources across the web. Meet the quick and simply named “Pineapple Casserole.” Made with either fresh or canned pineapple chunks, we’re sure this will be at hit at your holiday affair!
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 20 oz. fresh pineapple, crushed, with juice
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 slices white bread, cut into cubes
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 1 quart baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar, flour and salt.
- Add eggs, pineapple and juice. Mix well.
- Pour into baking dish, top with bread cubes and dot with butter. Bake for 45 minutes or until top is golden brown.
To style, top with fresh pineapple rounds.
For more information about Chestnut Hill Farms its products, please contact our offices at (305) 592-6969.