- Chestnut Hill Farms Sponsors Team Rynkeby
- Holiday Party Skewers with Ham, Pineapple & Mozzarella
- Perfect Pineapple Holiday Ham
- Easy and Delicious Pineapple Casserole
- Make Your Own Pineapple Cocktail Keg
- Holiday Hospitality 101: Pineapple Decor + Spiced Pineapple
- Providing Compassion and Support for our Community and our World
- Make Your Own Pineapple Candy Corn
- Shake It Up with “The Perfect Pineapple” Punch
- The Traveling Pineapple: Asia
Chestnut Hill Farms Supports Cycling Team to help Raise Funds for Seriously Ill Children
Chestnut Hill Farms is proud to sponsor Team Rynkeby, a Nordic charity cycling team that cycles to Paris to raise money for seriously ill children each summer. We decided to sponsor Team Rynkeby because we feel it is appropriate to expand our social responsibility projects to the areas where our fruit is shipped, and are proud to support their effort.
Team Rynkeby comprises 1,900 cyclists and 450 volunteers, divided into 48 local teams in Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, the Faroe Islands and Iceland. Team members are selected from thousands of applicants, who have completed the application form on the Team Rynkeby website. For almost a whole year participants must not only prepare themselves for the 1,200 kilometre trip to Paris but they are also obliged to do what they can to raise money for children with critical illnesses.
In 2017 Team Rynkeby donated EUR 8.8 million to organizations that help children with critical illnesses.
As one of the world’s leading growers, importers, marketers, and distributors of premium-quality pineapples grown in diverse locations throughout Latin America, our vertically integrated supply chain, world-wide distribution capabilities and consistent quality have been the basis of our company’s growth and success. Food safety, traceability, environmental responsibility and social accountability has built the Chestnut Hill Farms brand. Learn more about our social responsibility effort here.
Planning your holiday party? Try these easy to assemble and serve holiday skewers, and impress your guests with presentation, color, and a delicious healthy snack! Simply assemble ingredients and line up to enjoy.
Holiday Party Skewers with Ham, Pineapple & Mozzarella
- Chestnut Hill Farms Pineapple
- Sliced ham
- Two cheeses of your choice (we like fresh mozzarella and pepper jack)
- Long wooden party skewers
- Simply assemble together on wooden skewers, and enjoy!
Hosting this holiday season? Try our juicy holiday ham with fresh pineapple and impress your guests.
What’s better than the holidays? Food is a pivotal component to welcoming company, new and old, and they are guaranteed to be impressed with this easy to make version of traditional holiday ham. Grab your Chestnut Hill Farms Perfect Pineapple, a ham of your choice, and get ready to serve up a delicious meal this season.
Looking for drink ideas to complement your party? Try our Perfect Pineapple Holiday Punch here!
- Serve up easy and delicious pineapple casserole this holiday season and impress all of your guests with something unique, fresh, and tasty!
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Level: Easy
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a medium-size casserole dish with butter.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and flour. Gradually stir in the cheese. Add the pineapple chunks, and stir until ingredients are well combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- In another medium bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, melted butter, and reserved pineapple juice, stirring with a rubber spatula until evenly blended. Spread crumb mixture on top of pineapple mixture. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
This week at the farm, isolated drizzles barely accumulated 14 mm (0.5 “) of precipitation, with the same forecasted in the next week. We are welcoming this delay in the onset of the tropical winter season.
The holidays are quickly approaching, and with that the need to plan and prepare for guests and loved ones. For centuries pineapple has been know as the hospitality fruit, and what a better time to welcome family and friends than the holiday season?
Chestnut Hill has worked to provide a sustainable farming practice and supportive workplace for our people behind the perfect pineapple, including social programs and environmental efforts to better our community and our world.
Our farms are the primary source of employment in the regions where our pineapple is grown, therefore we work to help grow these communities through the construction of infrastructure to the maintenance of schools and churches. These areas are our people, and we are proud to be a part of this community here in Costa Rica.
Heavy downpours during mid-week left us with 138 mm (5.4 inches) of rainfall, and the quality of fruit is maintaining a high standard as in prior weeks. Plantation and all husbandry practices are in good form. Happy November!
Click here to receive this week’s full industry report.
Following Hurricane Nate, weather conditions took a turn for the better. (more…)
Traditional candy corn is so 2013. Enjoy a sweet, healthy alternative to condensed sugar this Halloween utilizing fresh, delicious pineapple. Create your own snackable fruit pops, or layer your candy corn creation in a cup and grab on the go.
Candy Corn Fruit Pops
Chestnut Hill Farms Pineapple, sliced
Cut pieces from the pineapple slices. Then cut the cantaloupe to fit on top. Do the same with the banana so the shape looks like a candy corn. Push in the stick to hold together. Slice up the rest of the fruit & place it in a bowl. Push the candy corn pops in fruit to stand up.
Original recipe from Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons.
Healthy Halloween Snack Candy Corn Fruit Cocktail
Chestnut Hill Farms Pineapple, cut into bite size-pieces
In a clear glass, layer pineapple, then oranges and top with whipped cream and a couple pieces of candy corn. Serve right away or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Original recipe from Family Fresh Meals.