Get Blending to Celebrate Summer and National Smoothie Day
With National Smoothie Day sharing a weekend with the first day of summer, there’s no better excuse to get your blender out and enjoy a frosty, fruity beverage. Even better, pineapple pairs perfectly with a wide range of flavors, offering endless ways to blend up this tropical fruit. From enjoying a healthy green smoothie as a way of boosting our vegetable intake to whipping up an alcohol-free pina colada that could easily substitute for dessert, there’s a smoothie recipe out there for everyone. Read on to discover four of our favorites and get ready to blend this June 21.
Kale Pineapple Smoothie
Packed with vitamin C, fiber, antioxidants, protein, and healthy fats, this smoothie will keep you full for the whole morning. Plus, fruity flavors from pineapple and banana, plus a warm nuttiness from almond milk and peanut butter, work together to guarantee this smoothie tastes like anything but kale.
- 2 cups lightly packed chopped kale leaves, stems removed
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 frozen medium banana
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup frozen Chestnut Hill Farms pineapple chunks
- 1-3 tsp honey, to taste
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
- If needed, add more liquid to thin the mixture. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Pina Colada Smoothie
Just because it’s sweet doesn’t mean it’s unhealthy! This pina colada smoothie has no added sugars and is made extra creamy with the addition of canned coconut milk. If you’re looking to make the drink a little more adult, rum can also be added to the blend for the ideal summer-evening tropical cocktail.
- 2 cups Chestnut Hill Farms pineapple juice (learn how to juice your own pineapple)
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 frozen bananas
- Optional: 6 oz of rum (1.5 oz per drink)
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into 4 glasses to serve.
Mango, Pineapple, & Passion Fruit Smoothie
For those that love all-out tropical flavor, this is the perfect smoothie recipe. Pineapple, mango, and passion fruit come together to deliver the perfect balance of sweet and tart – as well as a huge serving of vitamin C.
- 1 Chestnut Hill Farms pineapple
- 1 mango
- 1 banana
- 1 passion fruit
- 1 orange
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- Toasted coconut flakes (optional)
- 2 tsp quinoa puffs (optional)
- Raspberries to top
- Chop pineapple, mango, and banana and add to blender.
- Cut passion fruit in half, scoop out seeds, and add to blender.
- Cut orange in half and squeeze juice into blender.
- Add yogurt and water and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into 4 glasses. Garnish with quinoa puffs, coconut flakes, and raspberries if desired.
Dragon Fruit & Pineapple Swirl Smoothies
Looking to level up your smoothies? Try getting creative with layers! This recipe swirls creamy Greek yogurt with fruity smoothie for a beautiful display. Whether you make these to serve to friends or just to enjoy on your own, they’re a great way to add a little color to your day.
- 1 cup Chestnut Hill Farms pineapple juice
- 1 packet (100 g) frozen pitaya puree
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 cup fresh Chestnut Hill Farms pineapple
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- Fresh berries, for garnish
- Fresh dragon fruit, for garnish
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- Add pineapple juice, pitaya, banana, pineapple chunks, and hemp seeds to a blender, blending until smooth.
- Divide half of the blend between two glasses, then add a layer of yogurt. Top with remaining smoothie.
- Garnish with berries, dragon fruit, and mint as desired.
Want more delicious tropical smoothie recipes delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up for our newsletter today!