- The Perfect Summertime Picnic
- Celebrate National Grilling Month with Grilled Pineapple
- Pineapple Ice Cream, Summer’s Perfect Pairing
- Celebrating Great Outdoors Month
- This Summer’s Hottest Tips for Marketing Pineapples
- Honoring Costa Rica’s Vast Rainforests
- What’s Sweeter Than Pineapple?
- Perfect Pineapple BBQ Chicken Skewers
- How to Grow Your Own Perfect Pineapple Plant
- Sustainability Efforts on the Farm
Tag Archives: Rainforests
Home is Where the Heart is… and for Half a Million Species the Heart of the Costa Rican Rainforest is Where They Have Chosen to Call Home.
A rainforest so large that it now covers 75% of the country in its dense, verdant, and tropical ecosystem.
But it wasn’t always like this.
In fact, between 1950-1960 the percentage of forest cover decreased dramatically. And by 1987, only 21 percent of the country was covered in rainforest. Costa Rica was at the tipping point.(more…)