· Week 31 at the farms brought a welcomed respite in our weather:
· Only 85.6 mm (3.3 inches) of rainfall were recorded.
· A few days of sunshine is allowing us to catch up in soil preparation and new plantings.
· Harvest age again was reduced with 58% harvested at 21 WAF; 20% at 20 WAF and only 20% harvested at 22 WAF.
· Internal quality has been impacted by climatic conditions and age at harvest reduction.
· We expect that the anticipated improvement in climatic conditions will allow us to pack our usual quality fruit.
· Volumes arriving in the marketplace are on the decline.
- Slice and Dice the Perfect Pineapple
- Easy & Elegant Holiday Table Decor
- Thanksgiving Recipe Ideas
- Fall in Costa Rica
- Healthy Halloween Treats
- Chestnut Hill Farms Supports the Fight Against Cancer
- National Pineapple Month
- How to Carve Halloween Pina
- Fall Pineapple FAQ
- Fall Pineapple Recipes for the Whole Family