The Perfect Pineapple Report 2020: Week 14
Click here to read this week’s farm report.
- For four weeks in a row we have had good climatic conditions. A few scattered showers accumulated:
- 11.9 mm ( less than 0.5 inches) of rainfall
- Average minimum temperature @ 21.2 ºC (70.2 ºF) and no nighttime temperature below 20 ºC (68 ºF)
- We did have relatively high solar radiation bringing some risk of peel sunburn and “corky” fruit
- Harvest age adjustments continue as we increase harvest age (WAF) –
- Almost 82% of the fruit was harvested at 21 WAF
- Quality continues to be good, although external color dropped slightly.
- Operations at the farms continue under the robust protocols implemented to safeguard health of our employees and their families.
- The food retail market is facing some uncertainty as many elements of life are being curtailed to fight the coronavirus pandemic.
- Pineapple sales, in some markets, have been brisk as consumers seek items that are viewed to contain healthy benefits.
This entry was posted in This Week at the Farm
. Bookmark the permalink