The Perfect Pineapple Report 2020: Week 22
Click here to read this week’s farm report.
- As the season changes, it brings varied conditions week to week:
- This was a rather dry week with 18 mm (0.75 inches) of precipitation recorded
- Air temperature is stable; soil temperature rose slightly
- Solar intensity was moderate
- Harvest strategy is being modified due to –
- Changing climatic conditions
- Onset of NDF harvest – 22% of our harvested volume was natural fruit
- Internal quality remains outstanding; excellent sugar content and internal maturity
- External color dropped this week with most fruit at the 0.5
- Costa Rica is one of the most successful nations in the fight against the coronavirus. Its infection and death rates are under control and lockdown measures are being gradually lifted.
This entry was posted in This Week at the Farm
. Bookmark the permalink