The Perfect Pineapple Report 2020: Week 24
Click here to read this week’s farm report.
- Mid-week shift in weather brought moderate intensity showers
- Precipitation recorded 47.4 mm ( 2 inches)
- Minimum and average temperatures declined slightly
- Long term forecast is for a “neutral” El Niño year bringing less precipitation during the rainy season
- Continue to make small adjustments to harvest strategy balancing climate and the onset of NDF harvest
- Slight decline in external color as younger fruit is harvested
- Sugar content remains stable and on the higher side of spectrum
- NDF volume accounted for 19% of harvest this week and expected to increase to @ 50% during three peak harvest weeks (23,24 & 25)
- Spike in coronavirus cases reported now at 1,263 cases while deaths remain at 10.
- Stricter quarantine restrictions imposed along northern region and certain provinces with increased infection rates.
- We invite you to join us at United Fresh 2020, the very first virtual produce exhibition! Click the image below to register.
This entry was posted in This Week at the Farm
. Bookmark the permalink