The Perfect Pineapple Report 2020: Week 26
Click here to read this week’s farm report.
- The dry spell changed mid-week bringing a few intense showers through the weekend
- 88.7 mm ( 3.5 inches) of precipitation were recorded
- Slight changes in temperature – minimum dropped while average and soil temperatures rose
- Farm management continues to tweak harvest age – 80% harvested at 21 WAF
- Natural fruit made up 60% of the total volume harvested
- Some variability in certain quality parameters due to the NDF volume
- Rigorous sampling prior to harvest as well as NDF fruit age identification with the use of color ribbons allowing us to minimize serious quality issues in the marketplace.
- Significant increase in Coronavirus cases registered and the government of Costa Rica is announcing more stringent quarantine measures as well as intensive inspections of work centers to enforce recommended protocols
This entry was posted in This Week at the Farm
. Bookmark the permalink