The Perfect Pineapple Report 2020: Week 53
Click here to read this week’s farm report.
- The first haft of the week was clear and dry and then the weather turned to overcast and wet:
- 52.5 mm (just over 2 inches) of rainfall were recorded
- Minimum temperature dropped slightly to 20.9 ºC (69.7ºF)
- Average air and soil temperatures both rose to 25,6°C (76,2 °F) and 26,1°C (78,9°F), respectively
- Some solar radiation at the beginning of the week; relative humidity dropped to 83.7%
- Fruit development monitored extensively, slightly higher percentage harvested at 20 WAF (65.9%) and balance at 21 WAF
- Even with younger fruit, sugar content is at a great level, only 6.5% below 13.5 degrees Brix
- External coloration reacting well, 86% of our fruit above color 0.5
- Internal maturity stable and outstanding
- Health authorities reported an increase of 4.3% new Covid cases. Total cases since start of the pandemic are just below 160,000.
May this New Year be filled with health, happiness and prosperity!
This entry was posted in This Week at the Farm
. Bookmark the permalink