The Perfect Pineapple Report 2021: Week 22
Click here to read this week’s farm report.
- Most of the week was sunny and totally dry, but the weekend brought change:
- Intense showers accumulated 51.5 mm (2 inches) of rainfall
- Air temperatures rose
- Humidity dropped to 83%
- Harvest age continues to be reduced; almost 82% of the fruit harvested at 21 WAF
- Internal color, sugar content and internal maturity are at optimal levels
- But external color continues lower that desirable; rapid climatic variations accelerate internal maturity process but “degreening” process is less effective due younger physiological age of the fruit.
- Slight drop in new Covid cases; health authorities follow WHO recommendations to extend second dose of vaccine to 12 weeks in order to provide some protection to more persons.
This entry was posted in This Week at the Farm
. Bookmark the permalink