· The week brought increased precipitation as a front rolled south:
o 53.7 mm (2.1 inches) of precipitation were recorded
o The average minimum temperature increased slightly to 21,5°C (68,9°F); we did not have lows below the threshold temperature of 20°C (68°F)
o But average air and soil temperatures did drop to 24,8°C (76,6 °F) and 26,1°C (78,9°F), respectively
· Sugar content remains stable but we did see increased variation between readings
· External Color “0” increased to 35% as we struggle to give higher color to our fruit in these cooler, wetter and overcast conditions
· Internal conditions are quite good with 92.4% of the fruit with ideal maturity index “B”.
· Corona virus infections rates continue to drop with only 2,945 new cases and 60 deaths reported.