The Perfect Pineapple Report 2022: Week 2
Click here to read this week’s farm report.
- The last week of the year was a dry one
- The weekly accumulated precipitation was 5.2 mm (1/5 of an inch)
- The average minimum air temperature fell to 20,8°C (69,5°F)
- The average air temperature rose to 25,7°C (78,3°F)
- Soil temperature declined slightly to 25,9°C (78,6°F
- Solar radiation was high most days of the week bringing some risk of sunburn and “corky fruit”
- Relative humidity dropped to 84,2%.
- Most of the fruit was harvested at 20 WAF (98.3%). Farms plan to increase harvest age as lower temperatures delay maturation process
- Average sugar content at an excellent level – but we had an increase in fruit with brix > 15.5 (41.4%)
- External color lagging expectations – 50% with color “0”
- The average firmness of the pulp decreased
- The minimum was 2.1 psi; the average reached 2,9 psi and the maximum was 4.2 psi.
- Even though it was a short work week, good weather and planning ensured completion of all chores including soil prep
- A significant increase in Covid 19 infections – 4.236 new cases (207% increase from prior week). Hospitalizations and deaths remain at a low level.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
. Bookmark the permalink