· Scattered light drizzles brought only 27.5 mm (just over 1 inch) of rainfall
· Improved climatic conditions enabled farms to prepare land, plant and carry out good husbandry practices
· We expect this drier weather to last a couple of months
· But now a country wide strike called by unions of public employees is paralyzing the country.
· Imports and exports are trickling in and out. Fuel shortages expected. Vessels cancelled.
Welcome the Season With These Delicious Fall Pineapple Recipes!
Although the pineapple may be synonymous with sandy beaches, tropical getaways and poolside hangs, this superfood fruit can be enjoyed well beyond the summer months. Not only are our perfect pineapples available all year round, it may actually be a better time than ever to consume the sweet fruit as the fall and winter months approach.
Pineapples are packed with Vitamin C and bromelain, both of which have some amazing health benefits. This high source of Vitamin C drastically helps the immune system fight off cold and sickness, which bromelain works as an anti-inflammatory. Bromelain also works to fight off infection and eliminate bacteria. This powerful combination is just what you need to get through the changing of the seasons feeling healthy and happy. Looking for more ways to incorporate pineapple into your cuisine? Check out some of our favorite fall pineapple recipes below!
Is Sugar Found in Fruit Good or Bad for Your Health?
Nutrition can be a fickle beast. With countless fitness bloggers, nutrition gurus and exercise experts out there on the web, it can be difficult to decipher what foods will benefit your body and what foods with do more damage than good. Let us make it simple for you: think back to your younger years; to the years filled with nap times, gold stars and crayons. Now picture yourself spilling out those crayons to create a masterpiece in your art class. What if the box was filled entirely with black and white crayons instead of a wide array of dazzling tones? That wouldn’t create a very pretty picture at all.
·Precipitation increased to 80 mm ( 3.2 inches).
·Sunny mornings followed by rainy and overcast afternoons.
·Harvest age is being adjusted to adapt to climatic conditions.
·A nationwide strike called for this week 37 threatened disruption of logistic services.
·Costa Rican authorities have the situation under control.
·Airports, ports and highways operating normally.
No matter what way you slice it, a fresh pineapple’s exterior isn’t nearly as tough as you’d think. Although this peculiar looking fruit may look intimidating to break down with its tall crown and spikey skin, a fresh Chestnut Hill Pineapple can be sliced into bite-sized chunks in a matter of minutes. Check out these easy steps on how to cut a fresh pineapple for a healthy, affordable, quick snack. Then check out the short video below to see just how easily this can be done!
· A second consecutive week with improved climatic conditions.
· Well distributed light showers brought 45.1 mm (1.8 inches) of precipitation.
· Air and soil temperatures increased to normal levels.
· Most of our fruit is harvested at 21 weeks after forcing (WAF).
· Pineapple volumes out of Costa Rica are very low.
· A return to lighter precipitation with 43.1 mm (1.7 inches of rainfall
· We continue to adjust harvest age to fit changing climatic conditions
· 76% harvested at 21 weeks after forcing (WAF)
· Only 5%harvested at 20 WAF
· Sugar content improved as average rose to 14.3 degrees brix and percentage below 13.5 dropped to 30%
· External color mostly 0.5
· Taste, aroma and sweetness much improved
· September and October are usually drier months and we experience some of the best growing conditions of the year.
· Please contact your sales manager for “October – Pineapple Month” marketing opportunities
Shake It, Grill It, & Pineapple Party It Up this Labor Day
Labor Day is right around the corner, which means a relaxing day off work to celebrate the beautiful end-of-summer weather with friends and family. No day off is complete without a cold drink, fresh fruit and food off grill. Here are three new pineapple ideas to try out for your Labor Day party.
Let’s be honest: college life is a life full of extremes. From the the excitement and nerves surrounding your first day, to the stress of handling coursework and hitting deadlines, and preparing meals and staying healthy can be difficult. With many college students living with restricted resources (let’s face it–cooking in a dorm is virtually impossible) and watching their budgets, we’ve compiled a few quick back-to-college snacks for surviving this semester.