- Chestnut Hill Farms Supports World’s Largest Pineapple Pyramid Attempt
- Memorial Day Party with these Patriotic Pineapple Skewers
- Royal Wedding Pineapple Party Ideas
- Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with Pineapple!
- Pineapples Make List of Most Healthy 15 Foods
- Celebrate Earth Day with Chestnut Hill Farms Pineapple
- A Fresh Take on Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Easter Celebrations Start with Pineapple and Ham
- Feel, Smell, See: 3 Steps to Finding Your Perfect Ripe Pineapple
- The Myth of the Green Pineapple
With warm, sunny days and hot summer nights quickly approaching, nothing says “summer” quite like a Memorial Day weekend bash to kick off the changing of the seasons. This means a weekend full of family, friends and fun grilling out and soaking up the sun with some home-cooked grub. Show off your patriotic side with these fresh berry skewers that are bound to stand out at any party.
The first step is to find that perfect pineapple. For tips on how to find the sweetest berry of the bunch, visit the link here. Yes, we did say berry! According to Union County College, the pineapple belongs to the bromeliad family and is one of few bromeliads to produce an edible fruit. So actually, a pineapple is made up of several berries that fuse together around a central core. Those “scales” that you see on a pineapple? Well, those are all separate berries!
Once that perfect pineapple has been found, the fruit should be diced into cubes. Then simply layer the pineapple on skewers with fresh raspberries, blueberries and strawberries to create a sweet patriotic treat!
To view the whole video, visit here.
Royal Wedding Party Ready with the Perfect Pineapple
On May 19, 2018, Prince Harry and fiancée Meghan Markle will marry in St George’s Chapel at Winsdor Castle. The Royal Wedding is a day for celebration and love in the UK and throughout the rest of the world. The cake they will be having is a lemon elderflower bake incorporating flavors of spring, which gives everyone else a valid reason to enjoy some delicious cake on this day too. Here are some delicious and fun ways to incorporate our pineapples (fit for royalty!) into celebrations for the Royal Wedding this year.
Cinco de Mayo is a celebration that has become widely popular across mainstream America and certain parts of the world. According to the History Channel, Cinco de Mayo, or the fifth of May, is a holiday that celebrates the date of the Mexican army’s 1862 victory over France at the Battle of Puebla during the Franco-Mexican War.
This day is actually a minor holiday in Mexico, while in the U.S. it has evolved into a commemoration of Mexican heritage, especially within areas of Mexican-American populations. Celebrate the 5th of May with us no matter where you are with these delicious recipes below!
You’ll Flip for This Upside Down Cake, Made with Sweet, Fresh Pineapple
Pineapple Upside Down Cake can be enjoyed at all times of the year, but it is especially popular to prepare and indulge in during the spring months. Rather than using canned pineapple, try a fresh variation on this traditional recipe by slicing sweet Chestnut Hill Farms pineapple and taste the difference. Hands down, this will be the best pineapple cake you’ve ever taken a bite out of.
Easy Easter Prep with Pineapple Ham
Easter is upon us, and preparations for Sunday celebrations are underway. As you make your grocery list, don’t forget to plan for the classic meal of Easter Ham decorated with sweet pineapple, and impress family and friends with complimentary flavors and colors of spring.
Easy to Assemble, Healthy, Delicious. Meet Your #BowlGoals.
Bowls have changed the smoothie game for 2018. Once sipped through straws, smoothies are now to be enjoyed in a beautiful display with yummy fruits, seeds and other toppings of one’s choice. All in a simple, easy-to-make and enjoy – bowl. Meet your #bowlgoals.
We’ve incorporated a couple of our favorite #bowlgoal recipes below for you to try yourself, or adapt into your own delicious and healthy meal or snack. Bowls can be assembled for any time of year, from refreshing pureed frozen fruit for hot summer soirees to cinnamon-spiced seasonal delights.
Tis the season of springtime. Changing weather and pollen abounds, challenging our senses to combat colds and seasonal allergies. Enjoy a healthy dessert option that will help you fight off what may be drifting in the late winter meets early spring air.
Pining for the Perfect Valentine’s Day?
Look no further. Check out a few romantic DIY projects and recipes that you can do with a Chestnut Hill Farms pineapple to make your loved ones feel special, and make Valentine’s Day a little sweeter.
Let’s Get Ready to Rumble with These Super Easy Pineapple Poppers!
These sweet and salty football-themed bites will be reigning champs no matter who’s team you’re on. Impress your host or your guests this Sunday and enjoy!
- 1/2 of a fresh Chestnut Hill Farms pineapple
- 6-8 mini bell peppers (or 1-2 medium bell peppers – pick your favorite team’s colors!)
- 6 slices of your favorite bacon
- Smoked paprika
- Toothpicks (themed-optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375F (190C). Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Peel and core the pineapple (easy to do with a pineapple corer!). Cut into pineapple chunks that would fit on a toothpick.
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers and scoop out seeds inside. Go ahead and cut the peppers into pieces that are similar in size as the pineapple chunks.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half lengthwise, then in half crosswise in the middle of each to get 4 strips total.
- Wrap the bacon around each pineapple chunk (ends at the bottom) and secure with a toothpick with the bell pepper piece.
- Arrange your pineapple bacon bites on a baking sheet and lightly dust with smoked paprika.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy. Enjoy!
Easy, Tasty, Healthy. The Perfect Pineapple Salsa is in for 2018.
Pineapple salsa in a pineapple bowl is easy and elegant, and so delicious! Whether you are planning your next party or just experimenting with healthy foods, this pineapple salsa recipe is the perfect fresh pick-me-up for any time of the year.