- Sheet Pan Perfect Pineapple Ham
- Can A Pineapple Really Live Under the Sea?
- Say Aloha to Our Hawaiian-style Ham and Pineapple Pasta Recipe
- Holiday Joy, Hanukkah, and Pineapple Kugel
- What are China’s Pineapple Science Awards?
- Fuel Up with Paleo Pineapple Fried Rice
- Best Gluten-Free Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Piña Colada Pie in a Jar
- Slow Cooking Your Pineapple This Fall
- Make Your Own Pineapple Cocktail Keg
Tips & Tall Tales
5 Ingredient Smoothie Bowl
Start Your Day With A Pineapple Mango Smoothie Bowl
The weekend is approaching, and you finally have time in the morning to cook breakfast in your own kitchen. What will it be today? You could prepare a classic breakfast, like a bagel or pastry, scrambled eggs, or a traditional breakfast sampler. You might crave something easy, like cereal or a piece of toast.
You could also prepare something that is lighter, tastier and more healthy: our pineapple mango smoothie bowl. It’s the perfect recipe for a delicious breakfast.(more…)
Exploring the Possibilities of Hydroponic Pineapple
We’ve all heard the song.
Whether you were a parent dreading the cloying tones of the pirate painting or a kid eagerly awaiting the antics of your favorite yellow friend, we all know the answer to “Ohhh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?”
Well, regardless of your opinion of the citizens of Bikini Bottom, is it even possible for a pineapple to grow underwater? Today, we are going to find out.(more…)
Season to Spread New Traditions
The holiday season is finally upon us as we celebrate the year’s final month before welcoming 2024! What better way to brighten up the colder days and low moods like having a festive pineapple-themed decoration party?
You and your family can bring the tropical paradise fruit into your household this holiday season with a fun ornament scheme to create a unique holiday tradition.
December brings the spirit of joyfulness, as do pineapples and dried citrus fruits, with welcoming, vibrant colors to brighten everyone’s faces and Christmas spirits. You can hang them on your tree or create unexpected furniture decor.(more…)
The Year of Halloween Pineapple Carving
Are you feeling a little creative this October? Switch up spooky season festivities by carving a Halloween pineapple in lieu of a classic pumpkin! Pineapples make great jack-o-lanterns because they are less wasteful and smell amazing.
Get creative with the pineapple’s unique shape! Will its iconic, leafy crown become a funky hairstyle for your jack-o-lantern? Just like pumpkins, pineapples come in all sizes and are the perfect canvas for a festive creation.(more…)
Check Out This Easy DIY Showstopper
Entertaining just became even more exciting now that Food Network has released a brilliant idea: the Pineapple Keg.(more…)
Keep Cool With Seasonal Fruit Punch
As the summer months heat up, there’s no better way to stay cool in the sun than with this refreshing summer pineapple sangria from Chestnut Hill Farms. Gather up fresh, in season ingredients and put yourself in the summertime mindset.(more…)
Nothing says Tropical Like A Hawaiian Waffle Breakfast To Start The Day
As summer quickly approaches, we all want to try out new and healthy recipes for our children to enjoy. Well, have you ever considered making nutritious yet tropical flavor waffles bursting with juicy pineapple? Not only are they a delicious breakfast option, but they are also a fun and cute way to start the day off right! These Hawaiian-inspired waffles are perfect for bringing a taste of the tropics into your home and getting your little ones excited for the summer ahead. Surprise your kids with a colorful and yummy breakfast they’ll love!(more…)
Spice Up Your Meals with Nutrition and Flavor Using Pineapple
Parents, we understand the challenge of incorporating unique and healthy recipes into your family’s weekly meal lineup. To help you overcome this, we present the pineapple—a versatile fruit bursting with flavor and packed with numerous health benefits.(more…)
Pineapple and Summer, The Perfect Pair!
Summer is right around the corner. And nothing pairs better with summer than a pineapple. Well, perhaps maybe a pool. Or a beach. But at either of these hotspots for summer getaways, people are going to need something to fill them up and cool them off, besides just the water. That’s why this post is dedicated to giving you some creative ways to market pineapples this summer.(more…)
Pineapple’s Health Benefits
Finding the right Father’s Day recipe can be challenging. What’s even harder is finding one that is nutritious and will make the whole family feel great. Luckily, you came to the right place. We believe in the power of fruits AKA nature’s candy. Fire up the barbecue, it’s time for some pineapple grilling.
Pineapple is especially nutritious and has many health benefits. According to the BBC, pineapple supports immunity and aids digestion. There is even research by registered dieticians to prove that pineapple is anti-inflammatory. That means your skin and pains & aches will thank you!
You really can’t go wrong with a pineapple recipe for your annual Father’s Day grill. Plus, pineapple can be added to various types of cuisine, which we’ll dive into next.
Pineapple Grilled Chicken
Let’s start off with a simple recipe that is sure to WOW your guests. This filling entrée from The Clean Eating Couple gets an A+ from us.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts pounded and thin cut
- 1 8 oz can pineapple rings drained–set juice aside
- 1/4 cup canned pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup Hawaiian barbeque sauce
- 2 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix pineapple juice, barbecue sauce, low sodium soy sauce, olive oil, brown sugar, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and onion powder to make a marinade.
- Set ¼ cup of your marinade mixture aside for basting the chicken before serving.
- Place your chicken and pineapple rings into your marinade and let sit covered in a refrigerator for 10-20 minutes. Do not marinate for more than 20 minutes. Pineapple juice can break down chicken.
- Grill marinated pineapple rings and chicken breasts for about 4-5 minutes on each side, making sure that they all reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Serve hot with extra marinade and optional green onion garnish.
Grilled Pineapple and Tofu Kebabs
This recipe from Simply Quinoa is made vegetarian-friendly by replacing meat with firm tofu. You can pair it with some yummy barbecue sauce as well.
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 2 cups fresh pineapple
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 package mushrooms
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup vegan BBQ sauce
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- Start by pressing the tofu for about 15 minutes. Place the tofu on a paper towel-lined plate, cover the tofu with another paper towel and put something heavy on top of it (a cookbook works well). Set aside.
- While the tofu is pressing, cut the pineapple, peppers and onions into 1″ pieces, and remove the stems from the mushrooms.
- Once the tofu is done, cut that into 1″ pieces as well.
- Skewers the pineapple, tofu and veggies onto metal skewers and place the skewers on a baking sheet.
- Cover the skewers with a layer of sauce on all sides.
- Turn the grill on medium heat and grill the skewers for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. After you’ve flipped, brush with another layer of sauce.
- Remove the skewers from the grill and brush with any remaining sauce. Sprinkle with a garnish of fresh parsley and serve immediately.
Grilled Pineapple Guacamole
This guacamole is a stand-out recipe with its infusion of delicious pineapple. Guac-lovers unite! Thanks to Two Peas and Their Pod for spicing up our next Taco Tuesday.
- 1/2 pineapple cored and cut into spears
- Olive oil for brushing pineapple
- 3 large ripe avocados peeled and pitted
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 small jalapeño pepper seeds removed and finely diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush pineapple spears with olive oil. Place spears on hot grill and grill until pineapple is browned and juicy, turning occasionally so all sides are grilled. Remove grill and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- When the pineapple is cool, chop into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the avocado flesh, red onion, cilantro, jalapeño, and lime juice. Mash together with a fork until desired consistency is reached. Gently stir in the grilled pineapple. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
Stay Connected with Chestnut Hill FarmsIf you want more fun and easy recipes delivered straight to your inbox then sign up for our newsletter!