- Chestnut Hill Farms Supports World’s Largest Pineapple Pyramid Attempt
- Memorial Day Party with these Patriotic Pineapple Skewers
- Royal Wedding Pineapple Party Ideas
- Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with Pineapple!
- Pineapples Make List of Most Healthy 15 Foods
- Celebrate Earth Day with Chestnut Hill Farms Pineapple
- A Fresh Take on Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Easter Celebrations Start with Pineapple and Ham
- Feel, Smell, See: 3 Steps to Finding Your Perfect Ripe Pineapple
- The Myth of the Green Pineapple
Tips & Tall Tales
Super Pineapple to the Rescue!
Cold and flu season is here, and according to recent news it has become one of the worse epidemics across the United States, expecting to peak in March. Luckily, pineapples are shown to be a great preventative since they are packed with immune-boosting vitamins and are five times more effective than cough syrup at suppressing itchy throats.
Pining for the Perfect Valentine’s Day?
Look no further. Check out a few romantic DIY projects and recipes that you can do with a Chestnut Hill Farms pineapple to make your loved ones feel special, and make Valentine’s Day a little sweeter.
Let’s Get Ready to Rumble with These Super Easy Pineapple Poppers!
These sweet and salty football-themed bites will be reigning champs no matter who’s team you’re on. Impress your host or your guests this Sunday and enjoy!
- 1/2 of a fresh Chestnut Hill Farms pineapple
- 6-8 mini bell peppers (or 1-2 medium bell peppers – pick your favorite team’s colors!)
- 6 slices of your favorite bacon
- Smoked paprika
- Toothpicks (themed-optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375F (190C). Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Peel and core the pineapple (easy to do with a pineapple corer!). Cut into pineapple chunks that would fit on a toothpick.
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers and scoop out seeds inside. Go ahead and cut the peppers into pieces that are similar in size as the pineapple chunks.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half lengthwise, then in half crosswise in the middle of each to get 4 strips total.
- Wrap the bacon around each pineapple chunk (ends at the bottom) and secure with a toothpick with the bell pepper piece.
- Arrange your pineapple bacon bites on a baking sheet and lightly dust with smoked paprika.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy. Enjoy!
Easy, Tasty, Healthy. The Perfect Pineapple Salsa is in for 2018.
Pineapple salsa in a pineapple bowl is easy and elegant, and so delicious! Whether you are planning your next party or just experimenting with healthy foods, this pineapple salsa recipe is the perfect fresh pick-me-up for any time of the year.
Pineapples are not only delicious, but also have a plethora of health benefits. Check out the video below for 5 pineapple health facts you may not be as familiar with. (i.e., did you know pineapple can reduce eye fatigue? Rest your eyes on that!)
According to feng shui practitioners, certain “lucky” fruits symbolize each month of the year, bringing prospects from money to health and happiness. The Chinese word for pineapple is “ong-lai,” which means “fortune cones,” and according to feng shui masters are a necessary item when preparing your home for the New Year.
Bring luck to your loved ones as you ring in the New Year with a fun twist on the classic mimosa below. Cheers!
From table centerpieces to simple home decor, impress your guests this season!
It’s not too late to create beautiful decor for your home or holiday table. Our pineapples are available year-round, making this sweet, healthy fruit an easy tool too impress your in-laws.
Simply use gold or silver spray paint to color your Chestnut Hill Farms pineapple and let dry for 24 hours (or until set). Then, place a candle stick in the top of the pineapple’s crown. To secure, you may want to light the candle and let wax drip into the center of the crown, and then gently place the candle in the top.
Voila! You have the perfect table centerpiece or home decor. (Note: For your safety, please be careful to not place candles near trees or other flammable items!)
Happy Holidays from all of us at Chestnut Hill Farms!
Planning your holiday party? Try these easy to assemble and serve holiday skewers, and impress your guests with presentation, color, and a delicious healthy snack! Simply assemble ingredients and line up to enjoy.
Holiday Party Skewers with Ham, Pineapple & Mozzarella
- Chestnut Hill Farms Pineapple
- Sliced ham
- Two cheeses of your choice (we like fresh mozzarella and pepper jack)
- Long wooden party skewers
- Simply assemble together on wooden skewers, and enjoy!
The Perfect Pineapple Keg
Entertaining just became even more exciting now that Food Network has released a brilliant idea: the pineapple keg. Simple, impressive, and efficient, this concept has everything you need to impress your guests. All you need is a Chestnut Hill Farms Perfect Pineapple, a beverage dispenser (such as the one for $9.99 on Amazon here), and the cocktail recipe of your choice (try it with our Tiki Holiday Pineapple Punch recipe!).
- Cut the top off your Perfect Pineapple
- Core your pineapple (we recommend using an easy pineapple corer slicer)
- Put the fruit that you remove from the pineapple into a bowl – set aside
- Tap the pineapple by screwing in the tap on the side of the fruit
- Add your favorite pineapple cocktail into the pineapple keg, pour, and enjoy!
View the full video from Food Network.
The holidays are quickly approaching, and with that the need to plan and prepare for guests and loved ones. For centuries pineapple has been know as the hospitality fruit, and what a better time to welcome family and friends than the holiday season?