- Feel, Smell, See: 3 Steps to Finding Your Perfect Ripe Pineapple
- The Myth of the Green Pineapple
- The Ultimate Pineapple #BowlGoals
- Combat Colds with a Delicious Pineapple Dessert
- How to Cut a Pineapple in 4 Easy Steps
- Protect Yourself from Cold and Flu Season with Super Pineapple
- Sweeten Up Your Valentine’s Day
- Super Bowl Bites: Pineapple Bacon Poppers
- The Perfect Pineapple Salsa Recipe
- 5 Amazing Pineapple Health Facts for Year-long Benefits
Tips & Tall Tales
According to feng shui practitioners, certain “lucky” fruits symbolize each month of the year, bringing prospects from money to health and happiness. The Chinese word for pineapple is “ong-lai,” which means “fortune cones,” and according to feng shui masters are a necessary item when preparing your home for the New Year.
Bring luck to your loved ones as you ring in the New Year with a fun twist on the classic mimosa below. Cheers!
From table centerpieces to simple home decor, impress your guests this season!
It’s not too late to create beautiful decor for your home or holiday table. Our pineapples are available year-round, making this sweet, healthy fruit an easy tool too impress your in-laws.
Simply use gold or silver spray paint to color your Chestnut Hill Farms pineapple and let dry for 24 hours (or until set). Then, place a candle stick in the top of the pineapple’s crown. To secure, you may want to light the candle and let wax drip into the center of the crown, and then gently place the candle in the top.
Voila! You have the perfect table centerpiece or home decor. (Note: For your safety, please be careful to not place candles near trees or other flammable items!)
Happy Holidays from all of us at Chestnut Hill Farms!
Planning your holiday party? Try these easy to assemble and serve holiday skewers, and impress your guests with presentation, color, and a delicious healthy snack! Simply assemble ingredients and line up to enjoy.
Holiday Party Skewers with Ham, Pineapple & Mozzarella
- Chestnut Hill Farms Pineapple
- Sliced ham
- Two cheeses of your choice (we like fresh mozzarella and pepper jack)
- Long wooden party skewers
- Simply assemble together on wooden skewers, and enjoy!
The Perfect Pineapple Keg
Entertaining just became even more exciting now that Food Network has released a brilliant idea: the pineapple keg. Simple, impressive, and efficient, this concept has everything you need to impress your guests. All you need is a Chestnut Hill Farms Perfect Pineapple, a beverage dispenser (such as the one for $9.99 on Amazon here), and the cocktail recipe of your choice (try it with our Tiki Holiday Pineapple Punch recipe!).
- Cut the top off your Perfect Pineapple
- Core your pineapple (we recommend using an easy pineapple corer slicer)
- Put the fruit that you remove from the pineapple into a bowl – set aside
- Tap the pineapple by screwing in the tap on the side of the fruit
- Add your favorite pineapple cocktail into the pineapple keg, pour, and enjoy!
View the full video from Food Network.
The holidays are quickly approaching, and with that the need to plan and prepare for guests and loved ones. For centuries pineapple has been know as the hospitality fruit, and what a better time to welcome family and friends than the holiday season?
Chestnut Hill has worked to provide a sustainable farming practice and supportive workplace for our people behind the perfect pineapple, including social programs and environmental efforts to better our community and our world.
Our farms are the primary source of employment in the regions where our pineapple is grown, therefore we work to help grow these communities through the construction of infrastructure to the maintenance of schools and churches. These areas are our people, and we are proud to be a part of this community here in Costa Rica.
Traditional candy corn is so 2013. Enjoy a sweet, healthy alternative to condensed sugar this Halloween utilizing fresh, delicious pineapple. Create your own snackable fruit pops, or layer your candy corn creation in a cup and grab on the go.
Candy Corn Fruit Pops
Chestnut Hill Farms Pineapple, sliced
Cut pieces from the pineapple slices. Then cut the cantaloupe to fit on top. Do the same with the banana so the shape looks like a candy corn. Push in the stick to hold together. Slice up the rest of the fruit & place it in a bowl. Push the candy corn pops in fruit to stand up.
Original recipe from Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons.
Healthy Halloween Snack Candy Corn Fruit Cocktail
Chestnut Hill Farms Pineapple, cut into bite size-pieces
In a clear glass, layer pineapple, then oranges and top with whipped cream and a couple pieces of candy corn. Serve right away or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Original recipe from Family Fresh Meals.
Impress your guests this holiday season with the Perfect Pineapple Punch, a tantalizing cocktail that utilizes fresh, ripe Chestnut Hill Farms pineapples. We worked with one of Florida’s best bartenders, Josue Romero (otherwise known as The Garnish Guy) from Odd Birds Bar in St. Augustine to shake up a unique cocktail that will inspire thoughts of warm breezes and tiny umbrellas, no matter what the weather.
The Perfect Pineapple Punch
- 1 Chestnut Hill Farms Pineapple, cored and sliced
- 1 1/2 oz Plantation Pineapple Rum
- 1 oz Diplomatico Rum
- 3/4 oz Giffard Orgeat Syrup
- 1/2 oz Allspice Dram
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- 1 oz Passion Fruit Juice (Alternative – Fresh Pineapple Juice from your Chestnut Hill Farms pineapple)
- 10 Drops Hibiscus Bitters (Alternative – 3-4 drops Angostura Bitters)
Slice off the top of a Chestnut Hill Farms pineapple and core until the inside of the pineapple is hollow using a slicer or knife. Remove pineapple meat and place to side, conserving any juice.
Add 1 1/2 oz Plantation Pineapple Rum, 1 oz Diplomatico Rum, 1/2 oz Allspice Dram, 3/4 oz Giffard Orgeat, 1 oz Passion Fruit or Pineapple Juice, 1 oz Lime Juice, and bitters into a shaker. Add ice into shaker, close lid, and shake for approximately 10 seconds.
Add ice into cored Chestnut Hill Farms pineapple, and strain cocktail from shaker over the ice. Garnish with fresh Chestnut Hill Farms pineapple slices and enjoy!
Adventures of the Traveling Pineapple
Our pineapples travel all around the world from the farms of Costa Rica. Most recently we were in Canada hand-delivering fresh fruit with quality inspections and care. We believe in customer relationships, and with that ensuring that the perfect pineapple is just right for our stores and distributors. Check out some photos below of some of our recent travels to Canada, and stay tuned for more photos and updates as our pineapples travel around the world.
Did you know that fall is one of the best times of year to reap the production of sweet ripe pineapple from our farms in Costa Rica? Not only can you incorporate pineapples into your fall decor (click here to watch a video on how to carve your own Pineapple Jack-o-lantern!), but pineapples are a healthy snack that have plenty of health benefits to boot.
1. Good for your Health Carbs
- One cup (165 grams) of pineapple contains 21.7 grams of carbohydrates and 2.3 grams of fiber, meaning that 19.4 grams of digestible carbs are in each cup.
- Pineapple does not have a huge impact on blood sugar levels (at least not in healthy people).
2. Excellent Fiber
- One cup of pineapple contains 2 grams of fiber, almost all insoluble (99%).
- Insoluble fibers reduce the risk of type two diabetes and digestion.
3. Vitamins & Minerals
One cup of pineapple provides 132% of the recommended daily intake for Vitamin C and 76% of manganese. Pineapples also contain copper, a trace mineral critical for many important functions in the body, such as producing red blood cells, and Folate (B9), which is important for regular function of cells and tissue growth. Folate is very important for women who are pregnant.
4. Lowered Cancer Risk
- A main cause of death around the world, cancer is mainly characterized by uncontrollable cell growth that harms surrounding tissues.
- Diets high in yellow vegetables and fruit (like pineapples!) reduce the risk of colon cancer.
- Various test-tube studies have shown that bromelain, present in pineapples, may prevent the growth of cancer cells and lead them to cell death.
5. Improves Immunity
Bromelain has been proven in studies to strengthen the immune system and reduce inflammation, and may stimulate immune responses, thus reducing the severity of inflammation, and have beneficial effects in asthma and allergic airway diseases.
Consuming pineapple or taking a bromelain supplement may shorten the timeline of sinus infections, prevent blood clots, reduce inflammation, and stimulate immune responses, especially in kids.
6. Amazing Plant Compounds
- Only found in pineapple, bromelain is a unique protein-digesting enzyme. It also reduces the risk of cancer, heals wounds, and improves tummy health.
- Anthocyanins: Pineapple contains low amounts of anthocyanins, powerful antioxidants that helps reduce the risk of many diseases, like heart disease.
- (Thanks to bromelain content, you may use pineapple juice to tenderize meat!)
7. Trims the Waistline
Pineapple makes you feel full and provides energy without adding too many calories. With less thank 60 calories per half cup,
One-half cup of fresh pineapple contains fewer than 60 calories, pineapple has a high water content and is rich in fiber, which keeps you satiated. The golden fruit has also been shown to reduce stomach bloating due to bromelain, which leads to better digestive function and a trimmer waist.
8. Reduces Nausea in Pregnant Women
Pineapple can have a nausea-relieving effect, attributed to high amounts of vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin B6 that helps relieve the symptoms of pregnancy-induced nausea.
9. Boost Fertility
Foods with high antioxidant content, like pineapple, are recommended for those trying to conceive due to several beneficial vitamins and minerals, including beta-carotene, vitamin C, copper, zinc, and folate.
Many of these elements can help boost fertility in both men and women due to assisting in fighting free radicals.
10. Boosts Blood Circulation
Pineapple produces copper, an essential mineral vital in a number of enzymatic reactions and compounds in the body. Copper is a necessary mineral for the formation of healthy red blood cells, which deliver oxygen to various organ systems and help them to function at optimum levels.
Pineapple also increases cognitive abilities and can maintain neural pathways to prevent neural disorders, such as Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
Enjoy pineapple the fun way this autumn and learn how to carve your own pina jack-o-lantern on our Youtube page here!