- Back to College Pineapple Snacks
- Stand Tall and Wear a Crown for Back to School
- Back to School Crafting Fun!
- Fun Snacks for Back 2 School!
- Perfect Pineapples on the Farm
- Meet Farm Wildlife: The Three-Toed Sloth
- Summertime Pineapple Lemonade
- Tips for a Pineapple Party This 4th of July
- Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie Bowl
- Chestnut Hill Farms Supports World’s Largest Pineapple Pyramid Attempt
This Week at the Farm
·Another week with rainfall concentrated during the weekend
·78.9 mm (3.1 inches) of precipitation recorded
·Almost 40% of the fruit harvested was NDF fruit
·NDF fruit all identified with color ribbons providing good age control and no quality issues expected
· A very dry week with only one day of rainfall that managed to bring 50.5 mm (2 inches) of rainfall.
· Great opportunity to continue bringing all good husbandry practices up to date
· NDF harvest in full force.
· Quality continues to be outstanding.
· A sincere thank you to those customers that are supporting our peak harvest.
· A very timely change in climatic conditions during week 18
· Only 22.3 mm (less than 1 inch) of rainfall recorded
· More of the same is the forecast for the next 2 weeks
· NDF harvest is underway and favorable weather is a plus
· Most of our fruit being harvested at 22 WAF
· Promotional opportunity to last for arrivals through mid June
· Precipitation during the week reached 76.3 mm (3 inches)
· Harvest age continues to be mostly 22 WAF
· Quality parameters also very stable
· Some NDF fruit being harvested and the bulk will be arrival weeks 21,22 and 23
· The week started with good sunshine and intermittent drizzles and intensified towards the weekend
§ 65.4 mm (2.5 “) rainfall recorded.
· The last few weeks of improved climatic conditions impacted quality parameters positively
· Average sugar content 14.5 brix and only 13.5% below 13.5 brix.
· Harvest age holding steady with 88% at 22WAF and balance at 23 WAF.
· NDF Harvest to commence in a week.
· Light evening drizzles brought 23.1 mm (about 1 inch) of rainfall
· Quality parameters continue a slow improvement
· NDF harvest is getting underway and volume will be plentiful through week 24
· Definitely the driest week of the year with no precipitation recorded
· Unseasonable cold night temperatures continue
· Slowing down the fruit maturation process
· Continuing to raise the specter of stress inducing “natural flowering”(NDF)
· Farms to continue to adjust harvest age
· Quality parameters improved dramatically from prior weeks
· NDF harvest commences and we prepare for the biggest pineapple consumption period of the year as weather turns warm in the northern hemisphere!
· Easter Week brought 33.7 mm (1.3 inches) of rainfall – all of it on Good Friday
· Average minimum temperature dropped by almost 1 ºC to 20.8 ºC (69.5ºF)
·Unseasonably cold evening continue to slow down fruit maturation
· 95% of our fruit harvested at 22 weeks after forcing (WAF) and balance at 23 WAF
· La Nina is predicted to bring higher temperatures and limited precipitation through May
·Mostly dry weekdays with increased precipitation during the weekend
·Rain gauge registered 33.5 mm (1.3 inches) of precipitation
·Cooler nights and a few minimum temperatures dropping below 20º C (68º F)
·We continue to increase harvest age (WAF) to stay ahead of slower maturation process
·75% harvested at 22 WAF; 2.5% at very rare 24 WAF; balance at 21 and 23 WAF
·Peak crop to be harvested between weeks 19 and 23
·Plenty of promotional opportunities in May and June
·Considerable volume available during May and June!
Favorable weather conditions prevailed through the past week, with mostly bright and sunny days with a few intermittent drizzles. 10.4 mm (<0.5 inches) of precipitation recorded, with average minimum as well as average daily temperatures increasing. We are still facing some slow fruit development and we react with increased harvest age. While some quality attributes suffered a setback, we are on the road to recovery given climatic conditions.
Considerable volume available during May and June!
Seasonal and holiday marketing photos and videos available for your upcoming promotions. Click here to request to receive updates.