- 3 Delicious Ways to Feature Pineapple at Your End of Summer BBQ
- Three Easy and Healthy 10 Minute Snacks Your Kids Will Love.
- The Perfect Summertime Picnic
- Celebrate National Grilling Month with Grilled Pineapple
- Pineapple Ice Cream, Summer’s Perfect Pairing
- Celebrating Great Outdoors Month
- This Summer’s Hottest Tips for Marketing Pineapples
- Honoring Costa Rica’s Vast Rainforests
- What’s Sweeter Than Pineapple?
- Perfect Pineapple BBQ Chicken Skewers
Tag Archives: cocktail recipe
You Don’t Have to Enjoy Getting Caught in the Rain to Raise a Glass on Piña Colada Day
Just about two weeks after National Pineapple Day, National Piña Colada day arrives on July 10. While we encourage celebrating pineapple any time (it is, after all, in season all year), these few weeks in summer are the perfect opportunity to honor our favorite fruit. To learn more about this tropical tipple, we delved into its disputed history and, of course, found a classic recipe so home bartenders can get shaking (or blending). Be sure to read on for our top tips on taking your taste buds on a trip to the topics this Piña Colada Day.(more…)
Raise a Glass to National Cocktail Day with These Pineapple Aperitifs
Though they may be the most well-known pineapple cocktail, you don’t have to like Pina Coladas – or getting caught in the rain – to add a tropical twist to your toast this National Cocktail Day. With a subtle tanginess and tons of flavor, pineapple is the perfect addition to many spirits and offers a delicious fruity base for both sweet and savory cocktails. So, whether you prefer rum, vodka, or gin, you can be sure you’ll find a drink you’ll be eager to celebrate with this March 24th. Cheers!(more…)
A Tropical Fiesta
Cinco de Mayo is on the horizon and we are ready to party! Prepare for weekend fiestas with this recipe round-up fit for a festive crowd. We’ve taken classic Mexican treats and added a tropical summer twist of fresh pineapple. Delight your guests with a Cinco de Mayo celebration, pineapple style.
Impress your guests this holiday season with the Perfect Pineapple Punch, a tantalizing cocktail that utilizes fresh, ripe Chestnut Hill Farms pineapples. We worked with one of Florida’s best bartenders, Josue Romero (otherwise known as The Garnish Guy) from Odd Birds Bar in St. Augustine to shake up a unique cocktail that will inspire thoughts of warm breezes and tiny umbrellas, no matter what the weather.
The Perfect Pineapple Punch
- 1 Chestnut Hill Farms Pineapple, cored and sliced
- 1 1/2 oz Plantation Pineapple Rum
- 1 oz Diplomatico Rum
- 3/4 oz Giffard Orgeat Syrup
- 1/2 oz Allspice Dram
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- 1 oz Passion Fruit Juice (Alternative – Fresh Pineapple Juice from your Chestnut Hill Farms pineapple)
- 10 Drops Hibiscus Bitters (Alternative – 3-4 drops Angostura Bitters)
Slice off the top of a Chestnut Hill Farms pineapple and core until the inside of the pineapple is hollow using a slicer or knife. Remove pineapple meat and place to side, conserving any juice.
Add 1 1/2 oz Plantation Pineapple Rum, 1 oz Diplomatico Rum, 1/2 oz Allspice Dram, 3/4 oz Giffard Orgeat, 1 oz Passion Fruit or Pineapple Juice, 1 oz Lime Juice, and bitters into a shaker. Add ice into shaker, close lid, and shake for approximately 10 seconds.
Add ice into cored Chestnut Hill Farms pineapple, and strain cocktail from shaker over the ice. Garnish with fresh Chestnut Hill Farms pineapple slices and enjoy!