- Are Pink Pineapples Natural and Safe?
- Marketing Pineapples for Increased Demand this Spring
- Irish Pineapple Bread Pudding
- How Pineapples Can Help You Shift to Waterless Beauty
- How to Grow Your Own Perfect Pineapple Plant
- Immune System Benefits of Pineapple
- Pineapple For Heart Health
- Valentine’s Day Pineapple Crafts for Kids
- Why Does Soil Matter for Pineapples?
- Is Pineapple Safe for Dogs?
Tag Archives: Costa Rica traditions
Let’s Talk The Day of Masquerade
When you hear the word “Halloween”, thoughts of sugary candies, costumes, and scary movies come to mind. Here in America, we try to stretch out spooky season for as long as we can, but not everyone celebrates Halloween the same way. In Costa Rica, October 31st is the Day of Masquerade. This day is filled with elaborate masks, culture, music, and lively parades!(more…)
Horse Parades, Pork Tamales, and Trips to the Beach Are Just Some of the Ways Costa Ricans Enjoy the Holiday Season
The month of December is marked with plenty of holiday celebrations in Costa Rica. From vibrant festivals to traditional Christmas Eve feasts, there are plenty of reasons to be in high spirits this time of year. If you can’t make it down to Costa Rica this December, don’t fret – we’re taking you with us on a virtual tour of some of the country’s biggest and best holiday festivities.(more…)
From Parades to Papier Mâché Masks, Here’s How to Celebrate Halloween the Costa Rican Way
Halloween may be the best-known holiday held on the 31st of October, but in Costa Rica we have our own traditions. Día de la Mascarada, or Day of the Masquerade, is an annual celebration that blends Spanish and Costa Rican tradition into a unique holiday. With Costa Rican music playing and costumed characters dancing through the streets, the day is full of festivities – and a few spooks, too.(more…)