- How Chestnut Hill Farms Effectively Adapted to the COVID-19 Crisis
- An Introduction to Costa Rica’s Diverse Wildlife
- Take Lunchtime to the Tropics With These 3 Healthy Pineapple Lunchbox Ideas
- Chestnut Hill Farms Launches Partnership to Provide Organic Fair-Trade Bananas to North America
- What Makes a Chestnut Hill Farms Pineapple Special
- Winter Holiday Party Ideas
- Pineapple Recipes to Try At Your Next Party
- Cinnamon Roasted Pineapple: A Sweet Superfood Treat
- Chestnut Hill Farms Is Now Sustainably Grown Certified
- 3 Unexpected Ways to Use a Pineapple Crown
Tag Archives: health facts
Vitamin C, Bromelain, and Fiber Come Together to Keep Your Heart Strong
With benefits for your brain, immune system, and more, pineapple’s “Super Fruit” title is well-earned. Thanks to its diverse range of vitamins and minerals, pineapple packs in the nutrition with every bite. Unsurprisingly, that means this tropical fruit can also help your heart health. This is particularly important: Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States, and is frequently correlated with a poor diet. Thankfully, pineapple’s natural sweetness and delicious flavor makes it easy to incorporate into your daily intake, all while keeping your heart strong. Read on to learn more.(more…)
Uncover the Reality Behind These 5 Tropical Tall Tales
After years of dedicating ourselves to producing the Perfect Pineapple, we think we know a thing or two about everyone’s favorite tropical fruit. That’s why we’re diving into five common myths about pineapple, from how it grows to how to tell when it’s ripe (hint: color matters less than you think.) To separate fact from fiction and become a true pineaple expert, read on.(more…)
Pineapple Packs in More Vitamin C per Cup than Citrus Fruits
When it comes to nutrients, vitamin C is one of the most well-known. From strengthening the immune system to improving your mood to reducing the risk of heart disease, this vitamin is a powerhouse. Even better? No expensive supplements are needed here – your daily dose of vitamin C, or ascorbic acid, can be obtained through delicious and affordable fruits and vegetables like pineapple. This tropical fruit contains more vitamin C per serving than citrus fruits like grapefruits and oranges, making it an excellent choice for boosting your daily nutrient consumption. Read on to learn more about the value of vitamin C and how to add some more pineapple power to your diet.(more…)
How to Make Sure Your Pineapple is Clean and Safe to Eat
Pineapple, along with other fruits and vegetables, is highly nutritious and can help keep you strong and healthy. Full of vitamin C, bromelain, and other vitamins and minerals, pineapple is a powerhouse of nutrition that some experts say can boost your immune system and help your body fight off disease.
To ensure you receive only the benefits of pineapple, it is imperative that you take steps to clean your fruit and practice food safety. We’ve partnered with our friends at Produce Marketing Association to share these four key steps of food safety, established by the U.S. FDA, which are critical to preventing foodborne illness.(more…)
Boost Your Mood with Pineapple
Everyone knows that eating fruit is good for your health. From warding off colds to improving your vision, pineapple offers plenty of physical benefits. But did you know eating pineapple can also help your mental health? Beyond transporting your taste buds to the tropics, a serving of this superfood can increase your happiness too.(more…)
Pineapple Health Facts
When it comes to cold and flu season, the mighty pineapple is your best bet for clearing up that stuffy nose. Pineapples are packed with nutrients and vitamins that can help ward off sickness using their secret weapon: bromelain.
How to Create a Pineapple Jack-O-Lantern
Let’s face it: the age old tradition of carving pumpkins for the Halloween season can be a messy and dissatisfying process. Between the sticky innards of this hefty gourd, and the thick skin of a pumpkin, it can also be difficult to achieve your artistic vision when carving. This fall season, try out a tropical, healthy, sweet alternative to the traditional pumpkin carving…pineapple jack-o-lanterns! Check out the quick video below to learn how to carve a pineapple jack-o-lantern of your own this Halloween.
How to Create Your Own Pineapple Jack-O-Lantern
- First off, remove the base of the pineapple.
- Next, use a pineapple corer to remove the core of the fruit.
- After creating your own design, using a template, or sketching directly onto your fruit, it’s time to start carving! For our creations, we opted to highlight characters from some of our favorite films: Disney’s Little Mermaid, Harry Potter, and Star Wars. Cut out your desired shape, making sure to keep your knife upright and pointed away from yourself and others.
- Once your design has been completed, place a small candle inside of your upright pineapple.
- Finally, turn off the lights to see your pineapple masterpiece!
Not only does learning how to carve a pineapple jack-o-lantern give kids an opportunity to get creative and expand on a classic holiday tradition, it also is a great way to create a healthy snack for your loved ones. Once your pineapple has been cored, there’s plenty of sweet fruit to be enjoyed! With fall being one of the best times to consume our perfect pineapples, we have collected some of our favorite fall pineapple recipes for the whole family to enjoy. Check out some savory fall pineapple dish ideas here!