- Sheet Pan Perfect Pineapple Ham
- Can A Pineapple Really Live Under the Sea?
- Say Aloha to Our Hawaiian-style Ham and Pineapple Pasta Recipe
- Holiday Joy, Hanukkah, and Pineapple Kugel
- What are China’s Pineapple Science Awards?
- Fuel Up with Paleo Pineapple Fried Rice
- Best Gluten-Free Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Piña Colada Pie in a Jar
- Slow Cooking Your Pineapple This Fall
- Make Your Own Pineapple Cocktail Keg
Tag Archives: history of pineapple
You Don’t Have to Enjoy Getting Caught in the Rain to Raise a Glass on Piña Colada Day
Just about two weeks after National Pineapple Day, National Piña Colada day arrives on July 10. While we encourage celebrating pineapple any time (it is, after all, in season all year), these few weeks in summer are the perfect opportunity to honor our favorite fruit. To learn more about this tropical tipple, we delved into its disputed history and, of course, found a classic recipe so home bartenders can get shaking (or blending). Be sure to read on for our top tips on taking your taste buds on a trip to the topics this Piña Colada Day.(more…)
The many wondrous health benefits of pineapple may be more interesting than you think. With its powerful enzymes and many nutrients, the sweet pineapple is more than just a decorative fruit or drink garnish. In fact, this prickly fruit packs surprising health benefits. It has anti-inflammatory and good digestive qualities, antioxidants and immune support, pain-relieving properties and the power to prevent vision loss. Let’s not forget this fruit also contains a therapeutic, healing enzyme called Bromelain that has been used for centuries as medicine.