- Meet Farm Wildlife: The Three-Toed Sloth
- Summertime Pineapple Lemonade
- Tips for a Pineapple Party This 4th of July
- Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie Bowl
- Chestnut Hill Farms Supports World’s Largest Pineapple Pyramid Attempt
- Memorial Day Party with these Patriotic Pineapple Skewers
- Royal Wedding Pineapple Party Ideas
- Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with Pineapple!
- Pineapples Make List of Most Healthy 15 Foods
- Celebrate Earth Day with Chestnut Hill Farms Pineapple
Tag Archives: Memorial Day recipes
With warm, sunny days and hot summer nights quickly approaching, nothing says “summer” quite like a Memorial Day weekend bash to kick off the changing of the seasons. This means a weekend full of family, friends and fun grilling out and soaking up the sun with some home-cooked grub. Show off your patriotic side with these fresh berry skewers that are bound to stand out at any party.
The first step is to find that perfect pineapple. For tips on how to find the sweetest berry of the bunch, visit the link here. Yes, we did say berry! According to Union County College, the pineapple belongs to the bromeliad family and is one of few bromeliads to produce an edible fruit. So actually, a pineapple is made up of several berries that fuse together around a central core. Those “scales” that you see on a pineapple? Well, those are all separate berries!
Once that perfect pineapple has been found, the fruit should be diced into cubes. Then simply layer the pineapple on skewers with fresh raspberries, blueberries and strawberries to create a sweet patriotic treat!
To view the whole video, visit here.