- The Perfect Pineapple Party Playlist
- How Volcanic Soil Makes the Perfect Pineapple
- Pineapples and Charleston: A Love Affair with Hospitality
- The Sloths Living Among Perfect Pineapples
- The Best Pineapple Tart Recipes of All Time
- Are Pink Pineapples Natural and Safe?
- Marketing Pineapples for Increased Demand this Spring
- Irish Pineapple Bread Pudding
- How Pineapples Can Help You Shift to Waterless Beauty
- How to Grow Your Own Perfect Pineapple Plant
Tag Archives: running
Meet Every Runners Favorite Post-Run Snack
Pineapples: they taste great with drinks, in salads, and in many other meals (though some may argue they should be kept away from pizza at all costs). In the fitness world, pineapples are a superfood packed with important vitamins that runners love to snack on. Eat them raw or toss them in your post-workout smoothie for a boost to your recovery and immune system.
While everyone can benefit from a healthy snack of pineapple, there are about 50 million people across the United States that can get an even bigger boost from this tropical fruit. That number refers to the roughly 15% of the United States population who run or jog regularly. The 83 calories in a single cup of pineapple can provide them with the nutrients necessary to run faster, farther, and stronger.
So skip the staid post-running snack of tofu, yogurt, and eggs, and dig into the sweet, yet tart flavor of the pineapple. Let’s dive into why pineapple is your new favorite superfood!(more…)