- Pineapple Pizza: Is Pineapple a Good Pizza Topping?
- The Truth About Sugar
- Pineapple Ham: Easter’s Favorite Entree
- Stay Cool with Summer Pineapple Recipes
- Use Pineapple to Make a Butterfly Garden in Your Yard
- Breaking Ground: Women In Agriculture
- Sweeten Up Your Valentine’s Day
- Super Bowl Party Ready with The Perfect Pineapple
- Get the Party Started with Pineapple Fruit Dip!
- How to Make a Fruit Bouquet
Tag Archives: running
Why Long Distance Runners Love Pineapples
Meet Every Runners Favorite Post-Run Snack
Pineapples: they taste great with drinks, in salads, and in many other meals (though some may argue they should be kept away from pizza at all costs). In the fitness world, pineapples are a superfood packed with important vitamins that runners love to snack on. Eat them raw or toss them in your post-workout smoothie for a boost to your recovery and immune system.
While everyone can benefit from a healthy snack of pineapple, there are about 50 million people across the United States that can get an even bigger boost from this tropical fruit. That number refers to the roughly 15% of the United States population who run or jog regularly. The 83 calories in a single cup of pineapple can provide them with the nutrients necessary to run faster, farther, and stronger.
So skip the staid post-running snack of tofu, yogurt, and eggs, and dig into the sweet, yet tart flavor of the pineapple. Let’s dive into why pineapple is your new favorite superfood!(more…)
Posted in Tips & Tall Tales Tagged running