- Pineapple Pizza: Is Pineapple a Good Pizza Topping?
- The Truth About Sugar
- Pineapple Ham: Easter’s Favorite Entree
- Stay Cool with Summer Pineapple Recipes
- Use Pineapple to Make a Butterfly Garden in Your Yard
- Breaking Ground: Women In Agriculture
- Sweeten Up Your Valentine’s Day
- Super Bowl Party Ready with The Perfect Pineapple
- Get the Party Started with Pineapple Fruit Dip!
- How to Make a Fruit Bouquet
Tag Archives: summer recipe
Traditional Seafood Boil With Pineapple
A Brief History of the Seafood Boil
With spring in full swing, people are digging out their biggest pots and calling up their local seafood suppliers to begin the seafood boil season. Just as the flowers are in bloom, so are the people gathering around a boil to enjoy a good meal and quality time together. In some parts of the United States, a seafood boil is as common as a backyard BBQ. Seafood boils vary by region, some with more spice and some with different types of seafood, but they are most common in the Southern Gulf Coast as well as the New England area. Although the exact origination of seafood boils has been a subject of debate, it is thought that the Cajuns brought it over to Louisiana when they were exiled from Canada in the 1700s.
Traditionally, seafood boils are a communal meal! The South is notorious for participating in a pot-luck culture, with someone bringing the fixins, someone bringing the seafood, and someone bringing the boil mix and seasonings. Prop up a few fold-out tables in a neighbor’s backyard, grab trays to lay the food out on, and let’s get to boiling!(more…)
Posted in Recipes, Tips & Tall Tales Tagged pineapple, pineapple recipes, recipes, seafood boil, summer recipe