- The Perfect Summertime Picnic
- Celebrate National Grilling Month with Grilled Pineapple
- Pineapple Ice Cream, Summer’s Perfect Pairing
- Celebrating Great Outdoors Month
- This Summer’s Hottest Tips for Marketing Pineapples
- Honoring Costa Rica’s Vast Rainforests
- What’s Sweeter Than Pineapple?
- Perfect Pineapple BBQ Chicken Skewers
- How to Grow Your Own Perfect Pineapple Plant
- Sustainability Efforts on the Farm
Tag Archives: conservation
Home is Where the Heart is… and for Half a Million Species the Heart of the Costa Rican Rainforest is Where They Have Chosen to Call Home.
A rainforest so large that it now covers 75% of the country in its dense, verdant, and tropical ecosystem.
But it wasn’t always like this.
In fact, between 1950-1960 the percentage of forest cover decreased dramatically. And by 1987, only 21 percent of the country was covered in rainforest. Costa Rica was at the tipping point.(more…)
Learn More About our Furry Friends
Chestnut Hill Farms is located in Costa Rica, just over the hill from Tortuguero National Park, or the “Costa Rican Amazon”. With abundant rainfall each year, our farms are able to thrive in this lush environment that supports a variety of wildlife. Chestnut Hill Farms maintains over 275 hectares of forest reserve, which serves as a home to three species of monkeys, the three-toed sloth, many classes of birds including toucans and parrots, deer, wild turkey and jaguars.