- Your Tropical Christmas Party Guide
- How to Trim the Perfect Pineapple Christmas Tree
- The Myth of the Green Pineapple
- Celebrating The Day of Masquerade
- How We Grow Pineapples in Fall
- The Perfect Pineapple Party Playlist
- How Volcanic Soil Makes the Perfect Pineapple
- Pineapples and Charleston: A Love Affair with Hospitality
- The Sloths Living Among Perfect Pineapples
- The Best Pineapple Tart Recipes of All Time
Tag Archives: dog
Health Benefits of Feeding Your Dog Pineapple
Pineapple isn’t just a healthy snack for humans – it is for dogs too! Fresh, frozen, or baked, pineapple dog treats are great for pups.
Pineapple provides many health benefits to humans, but pet owners are often left wondering whether or not their favorite snack can be shared with their dog. Pineapple is full of nutrients like Vitamin C and Manganese, which help with fighting illness and producing energy. Luckily, these same nutrients that benefit humans can also make for a nutrient-packed treat for your dog. While pineapple is a great choice for your dog, it is also high in fiber and natural sugar and should be enjoyed in small amounts.
When sharing pineapple with your dog for the first time, it’s best to monitor them to make sure they are digesting it well. Also keep in mind that while raw pineapple is perfectly safe for dogs to eat, canned pineapple should be avoided because most dogs don’t react well to the sugary syrup in canned pineapple. There are a few parts of a pineapple that dogs shouldn’t eat. Dogs should only enjoy the soft inner fruit as feeding them the skin or core of a pineapple could cause intestinal irritation or choking.(more…)