- Pineapple Pizza: Is Pineapple a Good Pizza Topping?
- The Truth About Sugar
- Pineapple Ham: Easter’s Favorite Entree
- Stay Cool with Summer Pineapple Recipes
- Use Pineapple to Make a Butterfly Garden in Your Yard
- Breaking Ground: Women In Agriculture
- Sweeten Up Your Valentine’s Day
- Super Bowl Party Ready with The Perfect Pineapple
- Get the Party Started with Pineapple Fruit Dip!
- How to Make a Fruit Bouquet
Tag Archives: international day of happiness
Mental Health: How Pineapples Can Help
Mental Health is Understanding That Mental Health Is Not a Luxury, But Is As Important As Physical Health.
Are young people lonelier? Teenagers around the world are lonelier than ever, according to a report released by the Journal of Adolescence. Research shows that Generation Z, or “Zoomers”, reported feelings of loneliness rose sharply between 2012 and 2018. It is ironic, though likely not unrelated, that in the age of social media and people feel less connected to friends and family. This can have an effect on mental health.
Movies and commercials have created an image that only old people, retired from their jobs with families that live far away can be lonely. Yet, this image was never accurate and definitely does not fit the reality the world is facing today.
It is time to stop brushing aside “feeling lonely” and reframe the conversation as a public health crisis. Political leaders are already stepping up to the challenge. Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was among the first to call social media a “public health risk to everybody” that can lead to “increased isolation [and] depression.”(more…)
Posted in Tips & Tall Tales Tagged featured, happiness, international day of happiness, loneliness, mental health