- A Perfect Pineapple Fourth of July
- Perfect Pineapple Father’s Day Recipes
- The Summer of Pineapple
- DIY Pineapple-Mint Infused Water
- Pineapple Ham: Easter’s Favorite Entree
- Pineapples in the Hospitality and Food Industry
- How to Cut a Pineapple with a Pineapple Corer
- St. Patrick’s Day Pineapple Punch
- Brighten Your Plate for National Nutrition Month 2019
- Giving Back to Our Costa Rica Community
Tag Archives: pineapple juice
Reap Health Benefits with Fresh Pineapple and Fresh Pineapple Juice
When a recipe calls for pineapple, don’t start looking in the canned food aisle! There is a significant difference in the nutrition value of canned vs fresh pineapple, which we are going to highlight below.
According to NutritionData.com, canned pineapple in juice has only about 60 percent as much vitamin C as fresh, raw pineapple. Canning pineapple also destroys a key anti-inflammatory enzyme called bromelain – which is one of the best benefits of consuming the sweet fruit. According to Medical News Today, bromelain can relieve sinus problems, reduce inflammation and improving digestion, making it a powerhouse for flighting off colds and flus.