- DIY Pineapple-Mint Infused Water
- Pineapple Ham: Easter’s Favorite Entree
- Pineapples in the Hospitality and Food Industry
- How to Cut a Pineapple with a Pineapple Corer
- St. Patrick’s Day Pineapple Punch
- Brighten Your Plate for National Nutrition Month 2019
- Giving Back to Our Costa Rica Community
- Where the Perfect Pineapple Grows
- Superbowl Party Ready with The Perfect Pineapple
- Colorful Foods for a Healthy New Year
Tag Archives: recipes
Fire Up the Grill this Memorial Day
Memorial Day weekend is the official welcome party to the summer season. Whether you celebrate the long weekend with BBQs, pool parties or beach days, it’s the perfect time to officially welcome sweet summer days. These Memorial Day pineapple treats are easy to grill up and perfectly capture the spirit of summer.
A Tropical Fiesta
Cinco de Mayo is on the horizon and we are ready to party! Prepare for weekend fiestas with this recipe round-up fit for a festive crowd. We’ve taken classic Mexican treats and added a tropical summer twist of fresh pineapple. Delight your guests with a Cinco de Mayo celebration, pineapple style.
Happy Easter from Chestnut Hill Farms
Spring is in the air and we are buzzing with excitement for a certain bright and sunny holiday- Easter! You may associate Easter with egg hunts and chocolate bunnies, but at Chestnut Hill Farms we love to bring our favorite prickly fruit to the party! Versatile and sweet, pineapple pairs wonderfully with many classic Easter recipes and brings a fresh twist to the table.
Delicious Winter Fruit Salad Recipes Your Family Can’t Resist
The chill is in the air, meaning the holidays are upon us. As you prepare to set your holiday table this year, consider a few of these delicious holiday fruit salad recipes to add something sweet before dessert arrives. Packed with immune-boosting Vitamin C and bromelian, pineapple gives an extra boost of the good stuff that your family and friends will love.
Classic Winter Fruit Salad
Pineapple Health Facts
When it comes to cold and flu season, the mighty pineapple is your best bet for clearing up that stuffy nose. Pineapples are packed with nutrients and vitamins that can help ward off sickness using their secret weapon: bromelain.
How to Create a Pineapple Jack-O-Lantern
Let’s face it: the age old tradition of carving pumpkins for the Halloween season can be a messy and dissatisfying process. Between the sticky innards of this hefty gourd, and the thick skin of a pumpkin, it can also be difficult to achieve your artistic vision when carving. This fall season, try out a tropical, healthy, sweet alternative to the traditional pumpkin carving…pineapple jack-o-lanterns! Check out the quick video below to learn how to carve a pineapple jack-o-lantern of your own this Halloween.
How to Create Your Own Pineapple Jack-O-Lantern
- First off, remove the base of the pineapple.
- Next, use a pineapple corer to remove the core of the fruit.
- After creating your own design, using a template, or sketching directly onto your fruit, it’s time to start carving! For our creations, we opted to highlight characters from some of our favorite films: Disney’s Little Mermaid, Harry Potter, and Star Wars. Cut out your desired shape, making sure to keep your knife upright and pointed away from yourself and others.
- Once your design has been completed, place a small candle inside of your upright pineapple.
- Finally, turn off the lights to see your pineapple masterpiece!
Not only does learning how to carve a pineapple jack-o-lantern give kids an opportunity to get creative and expand on a classic holiday tradition, it also is a great way to create a healthy snack for your loved ones. Once your pineapple has been cored, there’s plenty of sweet fruit to be enjoyed! With fall being one of the best times to consume our perfect pineapples, we have collected some of our favorite fall pineapple recipes for the whole family to enjoy. Check out some savory fall pineapple dish ideas here!
Celebrate this Father’s Day with this Pineapple BBQ Chicken!
Create a Father’s Day feast with this finger lickin’ Pineapple BBQ Chicken. You’re only a few simple ingredients away from this juicy, delicious meal bound to impress dad and the rest of the family!
Cinco de Mayo is a celebration that has become widely popular across mainstream America and certain parts of the world. According to the History Channel, Cinco de Mayo, or the fifth of May, is a holiday that celebrates the date of the Mexican army’s 1862 victory over France at the Battle of Puebla during the Franco-Mexican War.
This day is actually a minor holiday in Mexico, while in the U.S. it has evolved into a commemoration of Mexican heritage, especially within areas of Mexican-American populations. Celebrate the 5th of May with us no matter where you are with these delicious recipes below!
Easy to Assemble, Healthy, Delicious. Meet Your #BowlGoals.
Bowls have changed the smoothie game for 2018. Once sipped through straws, smoothies are now to be enjoyed in a beautiful display with yummy fruits, seeds and other toppings of one’s choice. All in a simple, easy-to-make and enjoy – bowl. Meet your #bowlgoals.
We’ve incorporated a couple of our favorite #bowlgoal recipes below for you to try yourself, or adapt into your own delicious and healthy meal or snack. Bowls can be assembled for any time of year, from refreshing pureed frozen fruit for hot summer soirees to cinnamon-spiced seasonal delights.
Planning your holiday party? Try these easy to assemble and serve holiday skewers, and impress your guests with presentation, color, and a delicious healthy snack! Simply assemble ingredients and line up to enjoy.
Holiday Party Skewers with Ham, Pineapple & Mozzarella
- Chestnut Hill Farms Pineapple
- Sliced ham
- Two cheeses of your choice (we like fresh mozzarella and pepper jack)
- Long wooden party skewers
- Simply assemble together on wooden skewers, and enjoy!