- Use Pineapple to Make a Butterfly Garden in Your Yard
- Breaking Ground: Women In Agriculture
- Sweeten Up Your Valentine’s Day
- Super Bowl Party Ready with The Perfect Pineapple
- Get the Party Started with Pineapple Fruit Dip!
- How to Make a Fruit Bouquet
- Colorful Foods for a Healthy New Year
- How to Make the Perfect Pineapple Jam
- Add Pineapple Water to Your Daily Routine
- Meet the Clean 15
Tag Archives: sustainable farming
Why Gen Z Should Choose a Career in Agriculture
The Benefits of Starting A Career In Agriculture at a Young Age
In the lush green fields of Costa Rica, Costa Rican farmers carry a deep love for the land – growing popular crops like coffee and pineapple and putting Costa Rica on the map of global agriculture.
Yet, today, the Ukraine-Russia war and the COVID-19 pandemic have disrupted food supply chains across the globe. Food prices will continue to rise in 2022, according to the head of Cargill Inc., who also underlined labor shortages as one of the biggest risks facing the industry.
Keep reading to learn more about the benefits of starting an agriculture career early in life.(more…)
Posted in Tips & Tall Tales Tagged agriculture, costa rica, farming, gen z, pineapple farm, pineapple farming, sustainable farming
Sustainability Efforts on the Farm
At Chestnut Hill Farms, We Strive to Constantly Be Aware of Our Environmental Footprint
As a Sustainably Grown certified farm, every decision we make – from planting to harvesting to maintaining the lush green rainforest that surrounds our farm – is fueled by sustainability. April is Earth Month, and we’re focusing on going green all month. Read on to learn more about what sustainability really means to us.(more…)
Posted in Featured, Tips & Tall Tales Tagged sustainability, sustainable farming