- Pineapple Pizza: Is Pineapple a Good Pizza Topping?
- The Truth About Sugar
- Pineapple Ham: Easter’s Favorite Entree
- Stay Cool with Summer Pineapple Recipes
- Use Pineapple to Make a Butterfly Garden in Your Yard
- Breaking Ground: Women In Agriculture
- Sweeten Up Your Valentine’s Day
- Super Bowl Party Ready with The Perfect Pineapple
- Get the Party Started with Pineapple Fruit Dip!
- How to Make a Fruit Bouquet
Tag Archives: Saint
Who is the Virgen de Los Angeles in Costa Rica?
Costa Ricans Celebrate their Patron Saint on August 2nd
The Virgen de Los Angeles (Virgin of the Angels), or La Negrita, is the patron saint of Costa Rica. Religion is a serious affair for Costa Ricans, and many are followers of the Roman Catholic faith. One of, if not the most, significant days of the year in Costa Rica is August 2nd, when thousands participate in a pilgrimage for the Virgen de Los Angeles, displaying their faith and connection to the spiritual realm. But, who exactly is the Virgen de Los Angeles, and what is its importance?(more…)
Posted in Tips & Tall Tales Tagged costa rica, Saint, Virgen de Los Angeles