Here is how to dry your own pineapple at home from a fresh one:
– Wash the fruit and cut it into thin slices.
– Lay it on a parchment covered cooking sheet making sure that fruit slices do not touch each other and then place the tray of fruit in the oven.
– Turn the oven on very low setting (150-200 degrees F / 50 degrees C) because we only want to dry the fruit, not to cook it.
– The drying process will take several hours so do not try to increase the heat to speed up the drying process.
– Remove from the oven when fruit is sufficiently dehydrated. Fruit should be chewy, not crunchy or squishy.
– Other method is to put the slices of pineapple in a dehydrator on medium setting for 24 to 36 hours.