The Perfect Pineapple Report 2020: Week 34
Click here to read this week’s farm report.
- Predictions of a La Nina this year are on the money! La Nina typically brings increasing rainfall on the Pacific and drying out the Caribbean of Costa Rica
- For the fourth consecutive week we have drier than normal precipitation
- Scattered showers accumulated 22.3 mm (less than one inch) of rainfall
- Temperatures are stable
- Harvest pattern still with most fruit at 21 WAF
- Average sugar content is 15.2 degrees brix but close to 40% is above 15.5 and variability between samples is higher than we like it to be.
- NDF fruit made 24% of the volume harvested – it is finally declining
- Just under 5,000 new cases of Covid-19 reported and 63 deaths.
- Government authorities working hard to balance rates of new infection with the economic health of the country.
This entry was posted in This Week at the Farm
. Bookmark the permalink