Click here to read this week’s farm report.
- Hurricane Iota making landfall in Nicaragua brought showers of moderate intensity
- 31 mm (1.25 inches) of precipitation accumulated
- Minimum and average temperatures declined to 22,9°C (73,2°F) and 27,3°C (81.4°F) respectively
- Stable harvest pattern – 65,5 % of the fruit at 20 WAF and the balance at 21 WAF
- Soil preparation interrupted (too wet to plow) but all other practices on schedule
- Sugar content increased with almost half of the sample higher than 15.5 Brix
- Covid cases continue to increase (up 6%) and authorities suggesting precautionary measures.