The Perfect Pineapple Report 2021: Week 26
Click here to read this week’s farm report.
- Very favorable weather, with very little rain, stable air and soil temperatures, and adequate solar radiation.
- 21 mm (0.76 inches) of precipitation recorded
- Average minimum air temperature was 23,3°C (73,9°F) and the average was 27,4°C (81,3°F)
- Harvest tending towards higher age
- 51.2% harvested at 22 WAF; 44.3% at 21 WAF and some outliers older and younger
- NDF fruit made up only 18% of the total harvest
- Sugar content is steady but one farm did have higher than expected variability in measurements
- External color continues to be the main challenge with almost 32% with “0” color
- Covid infections on the decline; 42% of the population now has been vaccinated.
- Parismina Farm in coordination with health authorities held a Covid vaccination campaign.
This entry was posted in This Week at the Farm
. Bookmark the permalink