Click here to read this week’s farm report.
- A favorable turn in the weather –
- Early week showers accumulated 34,2 mm of rainfall (1 1/3 inches).
- The rest of the week was quite dry
- Average minimum air temperature declined to 21,6°C (71,9°F)
- The average rose to 26°C (78,9°F).
- Soil temperature also rose to 26°C (78,8°F).
- Solar radiation was low at the beginning of the week, then improved significantly.
- Relative humidity declined to 85,3%
- Soil preparation was only interrupted for a few days
- Harvest age was reduced with a small percentage (6.4%) at 19 WAF and the majority at 20 WAF
- Quality parameters:
- Sugar content is very stable
- External color on the low end (the challenge during this season)
- Internal color and conditions right within specs
- Covid-19 infection rates continue downward trend; restrictions being relaxed
From our families to yours – a very joyous Holiday Season! We are very thankful for your support.