The Perfect Pineapple Report 2024: Week 6

Click here to read this week’s farm report.

Air and soil temperatures were reported to be: 

o The average minimum air temperature rose to 22.9°C (73.2°F)

o The average air temperature rose slightly to 26.7°C (80.1°F)

o The average soil temperature remained stable at 26.7°C (80.1°F)

o Solar radiation varied from moderate to very low with some overcast days.

o Low risk of sunburnt and corky fruit.

o The relative humidity jumped to 88.1%.

o Large fruit (4,5 and 6 count) rose slightly to 42.4% and 5 count was 13.1% of our harvest.

o The week brought a slight increase in harvest age: 82.2% of the fruit was harvested at 20 WAF and the rest at 19 WAF (17.8%).

o Crownless fruit volume decreased to 5.7% of the total packed.

o The sugar content of our fruit remains high (above 15 brix), as well as the percentage of fruit with brix greater than 15.5, which reached 38.5% of the total sampled during the week. The standard deviation of brix readings was low on all farms, guaranteeing little variation in sweetness between sampled fruits.

o The average firmness of our fruit was slightly lower than previous week. Fruits with psi less than 2.7 reached 3.3 psi and the maximum was 3.9 psi.

o All fruit quality characteristics were reported according to our standards.

o No vessel delays reported this week. Although our vessel in the Southeast will start arriving on Wednesday, per their new arrival schedule.

o We are looking forward to seeing some of you at Fruit Logistica in Berlin this week.

This entry was posted in This Week at the Farm. Bookmark the permalink.