Start the Day with Something Sweet
Valentine’s Day is a holiday meant to celebrate love. Not just romantic love, such as celebrating with your partner, but also familial love. Valentine’s Day is a holiday that honors your loved ones, and one of the best ways to celebrate V-Day is through a home-cooked meal.
There are a lot of ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Common V-Day gifts include chocolates, flowers, or a nice dinner. We believe that one of the best ways to show appreciation of loved ones is by expressing love and appreciation through food—we recommend our tasty and easy-to-make pineapple pancakes recipe!
What Makes Pineapple Pancakes A Good Breakfast Food?
Pineapples are a savory and tasty fruit that is good for your health. They are rich in powerful enzymes and nutrients, support your digestive system, provide anti-inflammatory and pain relief, strengthen your immune system, and prevent vision loss.
Pineapples contain nutrients such as Vitamin C, Manganese, Vitamin B1 (Thiamin), and Bromelain. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that can strengthen the immune system, manage high blood pressure, prevent iron deficiencies, and reduce the risk of heart disease. Manganese is an essential nutrient for energy production and maintaining the immune system. Vitamin B1, also called Thiamin, assists in energy production for the body. Bromelain is a pain-alleviating enzyme that, historically, has been used as an herbal medicine. It has been used to treat a number of conditions, including digestive problems, osteoarthritis, and muscle soreness.
What Goes Good With Pineapple Pancakes?
Side dishes that would go well with Pineapple Pancakes are listed below. We hope that this list provides inspiration for your V-Day meal!
- Eggs: We recommend scrambled eggs, but any time of egg works.
- Bacon: You can’t go wrong with regular bacon, but consider making Millionaire’s Bacon as a special treat.
- Sausage & Ham: Choose whatever type of sausage or ham you want to cook–both types of meat can make a meal more enjoyable.
- Fruit: Choose any fruit that works for you–we recommend having fresh or canned pineapple.
- Hash Browns
- Coconut Syrup
- Whipped Cream
- Chopped Walnuts
For this recipe, we recommend having coconut syrup and fresh pineapple, but it is not required.
Perfect Pineapple Pancake Recipe
- 1 cup (8 oz) of crushed pineapple.
- 1 cup of pancake mix
- 1 egg (as big as possible!)
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar
- ½ cup coconut
- Coconut oil
- Sliced pineapple
- Sliced bananas
- Chopped walnuts
1. Separate the crushed pineapple from pineapple juice. Store the pineapple juice in a separate bowl.
2. Start by mixing pancake mix, egg, and pineapple juice together. Stir crushed pineapple, white sugar, brown sugar, and coconut into the batter.
3. Spray your skillet or griddle with your preferred cooking spray. We recommend using coconut oil for the most flavor
4. Pour ¼ cup of pancake batter into the skillet. Cook the pancakes on medium heat. Flip the pancakes when bubbles form and the edges begin to firm up.
5. Take the pancakes off the stove when they’re ready. Serve pancakes with pineapple preserves, sliced bananas, chopped walnuts, and syrup. 6. Enjoy!
Stay Connected with Chestnut Hill Farms
Want more pineapple recipes and facts delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up for our newsletter today!