The Perfect Dish for a Summer Cookout
Celebrate the start of Summer with sweet and savory pineapple chicken skewers! Switch up the usual burgers and hotdogs to this light, fresh dish that your friends and family will keep asking for all summer. The tartness of our Chestnut Hill Farms Perfect Pineapple brushed with a tangy BBQ sauce pairs wonderfully with red bell pepper or your favorite seasonal veggie for a colorful, delicious treat.
Pro tip: Stainless steel skewers work best, but wooden skewers will work great too! If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for an hour before grilling to prevent burning.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2” cubes
- 1 Chestnut Hill Farms Perfect Pineapple, sliced into 2” cubes
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 2” pieces
- 2 ½ cups BBQ sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Season cubed chicken with salt and pepper
- Combine chicken and 2 cups of BBQ sauce in a plastic bag and leave in the refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes to 2 hours
- Thread chicken, pineapple, and bell pepper onto skewers in a pattern
- Grill skewers for 5-7 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through, brushing with the remaining BBQ sauce for the last two minutes
- Serve with rice or your favorite cookout sides and enjoy!
If you try making these at home, be sure to snap a photo and tag us @chestnuthillfarms!
Want more pineapple recipes sent straight to your inbox? Sign up for our newsletter today.