- Piña Colada Pie in a Jar
- Slow Cooking Your Pineapple This Fall
- Make Your Own Pineapple Cocktail Keg
- Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie Bowl
- Summertime Pineapple Lemonade
- Try Protein Packed Pineapple Ice Cream this Summer
- This Summer’s Hottest Tips for Marketing Pineapples
- Pineapple Pizza: Is Pineapple a Good Pizza Topping?
- The Truth About Sugar
- Pineapple Ham: Easter’s Favorite Entree
Tag Archives: clean pineapple
Healthy Produce Grown without Exposure to Pesticides
Growing fresh produce in a garden or on a farm can be a difficult and tedious task. It requires a lot of time and dedication for the best quality results possible. Fruits and vegetables are also delicious to both humans and wildlife, which is why they tend to attract pests that will eat and destroy your plants. This is why farmers choose to use pesticides; they help to grow safe and healthy crops without losing too many.
While pesticides can have positive impacts on agriculture, like improving the overall quality of produce, too much exposure to them can pose risks to your health.
Every year, the Environmental Working Group (EWG) releases its Clean 15 list. The list consists of 15 fruits and vegetables that have little to no traces of pesticides. Let’s talk about why the produce on this list is healthier for you and how Chestnut Hill Farms helps to keep pineapples off EWG’s Dirty Dozen list.