Click here to read this week’s farm report.
- We seem to have transitioned to the “spring dry period” in the Tropical Atlantic
- Light drizzles accumulated 3.6 mm (0.14 inches) of precipitation
- Humidity continues in the low 60%
- Air and soil temperatures relatively stable
- We continue to adjust upwards the fruit’s harvest age
- 64.5% harvested at 21 WAF
- 34% harvested at 20 WAF
- Just under 1% at 22 WAF
- Our production centers in Costa Rica have implemented a strict protocol following recommendations from the Ministry of Health and the World Health Organization (WHO) to safeguard the health, safety and well-being of our collaborators and their families during present health crisis.
- Industry-wide supplies remain tight as a result of Easter demand, climatic conditions the past few months and the aftermath of the exacting financial results of 2018 that caused fewer plantings and certain farms implementing significant operational downsizing.