The Perfect Pineapple Report 2021: Week 35
Click here to read this week’s farm report.
- A dry week indeed, one single weekend day brought 13.4 mm (0.5 inches) of precipitation.
- Minimum air, average air and soil temperatures very stable
- Solar radiation was moderate and humidity dropped to 83%
- Large fruit (4’s, 5’ and 6’s) making up almost 62% of our volume
- Average sugar content rose to 15.7º Brix; almost 54% of our fruit had Brix readings >15.5º
- Pulp firmness also decreased – almost 36% of the sample had < 2.7 psi
- Sugar content & pulp firmness metrics are clear indications of a needed harvest age decrease
- Covid cases continue to increase; 12,691 new cases diagnosed
- Health authorities reducing interval between first and second vaccination dose from 12 to 8 weeks
- 90% of our employees have received first dose
This entry was posted in This Week at the Farm
. Bookmark the permalink