- Pineapple Pizza: Is Pineapple a Good Pizza Topping?
- The Truth About Sugar
- Pineapple Ham: Easter’s Favorite Entree
- Stay Cool with Summer Pineapple Recipes
- Use Pineapple to Make a Butterfly Garden in Your Yard
- Breaking Ground: Women In Agriculture
- Sweeten Up Your Valentine’s Day
- Super Bowl Party Ready with The Perfect Pineapple
- Get the Party Started with Pineapple Fruit Dip!
- How to Make a Fruit Bouquet
Tag Archives: costa rica animals
An Introduction to Costa Rica’s Diverse Wildlife
Why Sustainability and Environmentalism Is So Important in Costa Rica
At Chestnut Hill Farms, we take pride in the process. We take time to prepare the earth for planting, to harvest by hand, and to make sure our people and our environment are protected – all while producing the perfect pineapple. That includes caring for over 275 hectares of natural rainforest that surrounds our farm, offsetting our carbon footprint and giving a home to just some of the amazing wildlife that lives here in Costa Rica. Despite representing only .3% of the world’s total surface area, our beautiful country is home to 5% of its biodiversity. From birds and sloths to tapirs and jaguars, our rainforests host an impressive variety of animals. To get to know some of our animal neighbors, read on.(more…)
Posted in Featured, Latest News Tagged costa rica, costa rica animals, sustainability, sustainable, sustainably grown, wildlife