The Perfect Pineapple Report 2021: Week 28
Click here to read this week’s farm report.
- Very unstable climatic conditions continue – the much anticipated tropical “Indian Summer” is delayed:
- Days with abundant precipitation accumulated 94 mm (3.75 inches) of rainfall
- Both minimum and average temperatures air rose
- Humidity rose to 84.9%
- Solar radiation was low
- Harvest strategy is holding very much like prior week – most fruit harvested between 21 and 22 WAF (52% and 47%, respectively.
- The expectation is to continue gradual harvest age reduction with most harvested at 21 WAF.
- NDF harvest made up only 8% of the total and we are overcoming the quality issues we encountered the previous weeks
- External color also improved with only 19.3% with color zero
- Covid infection rate has seemingly plateaued out at around 10,000 new cases per week; there is a shortage of vaccines and the program has slowed down.
This entry was posted in This Week at the Farm
. Bookmark the permalink