The Year of Halloween Pineapple Carving
Are you feeling a little creative this October? Switch up spooky season festivities by carving a Halloween pineapple in lieu of a classic pumpkin! Pineapples make great jack-o-lanterns because they are less wasteful and smell amazing.
Get creative with the pineapple’s unique shape! Will its iconic, leafy crown become a funky hairstyle for your jack-o-lantern? Just like pumpkins, pineapples come in all sizes and are the perfect canvas for a festive creation.
How to Carve a Pineapple Lantern
Beginner: Classic Jack-O-Lantern Shape
If you’re looking to ease into the pineapple carving game, start simple with a classic Jack-O-Lantern smile. Check out the video below!
Intermediate: Creative Shapes and Characters
Are you feeling ambitious? Ditch the expected and get creative instead! Just like a pumpkin, the pineapple is a blank canvas for your creation. Check out our video featuring Disney, Harry Potter and Star Wars pineapples!
How to Create a Halloween Pineapple
- First, use a knife to remove the base (or the top – your choice!) of the pineapple.
- Next, use a pineapple corer to remove the core of the fruit. Need help? Check out our tips on how to core a pineapple.
- After deciding on your design, use a template or sketching directly onto your fruit to create outlines.
- It’s time to start carving! Keep your knife upright and pointed away from your body. Carefully cut out the desired shape. Take your time and don’t rush the process!
- Once your carving is complete, place a small candle inside of the upright pineapple.
- Finally, turn off the lights to see your pineapple masterpiece!
Benefits of Carving a Halloween Pineapple
The best part of carving a pineapple is the pineapple itself! Unlike typical pumpkin-based jack-o-lanterns, you don’t have to waste the leftovers. Instead, use the pineapple fruit to create a healthy and refreshing smoothie, a sweet pina colada or one of these seasonal fall recipes.
Sign-up for our newsletter for more seasonal pineapple fun!