A Sweet and Tangy Tropical Treat
In our opinion, nearly everything tastes better with chocolate- even our favorite prickly fruit! That’s why we are celebrating National Chocolate Chip Day by creating chocolate pineapple on-a-stick. Tangy pineapple meets sweet chocolate in this delicious and portable summer dessert.
Now, we know the chocolate pineapple pairing might not have the same notable reputation as chocolate covered strawberries. However, we are here to assure you, rich chocolate and tropical pineapple are an absolute dream team. This treat is crunchy, sweet, juicy, tangy and absolute perfection.
DIY Chocolate Pineapple On-a-Stick
Bust out this chocolate pineapple recipe for your next summer BBQ, poolside party or day at the beach. Pro-tip: If you freeze the pineapples on sticks before dipping in chocolate, this delicious dessert doubles as the perfect way to cool down and a tasty treat.
Ingredients & Equipment
- 1 whole Chestnut Hill Farms Perfect Pineapple
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Lollipop sticks
- Cut off the top and bottom of the pineapple, then trim off all the rind. Cut the pineapple in half lengthwise, remove the core and cut each half into wedges.
- Place the pineapple wedges on paper towels and blot off any excess juices. Insert a lollipop stick into each pineapple wedge. (Optional: Freeze pineapple sticks at this point for an extra refreshing dessert)
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Melt the semisweet chocolate chips in a microwave in ten-second intervals, stirring between each round. Transfer the melted chocolate into a tall glass.
- Dip each pineapple stick into the chocolate and shake off any excess. Place the dipped pineapple on the baking sheet and repeat with the remaining wedges. Allow the chocolate coating to fully harden.
- Once the chocolate coating is set, melt the quite chocolate chips in the microwave in ten-second intervals, stirring between each round. Transfer the melted white chocolate into a resealable plastic bag. Snip off the tip and then pipe the chocolate across the pineapple wedges. Allow the white chocolate stripes to fully harden and then stir.
Sign up for the Chestnut Hill Farms newsletter for more fresh pineapple recipe ideas!