Happy Times and Good Sunshine
The sun is getting warmer and brighter, and the days are getting longer; summer is only a short time away! We recognize the summer solstice on June 21st this year, but did you know there’s an even sweeter holiday to celebrate pineapple style? National Smoothie Day!
The perfect holiday duo: summer sunshine and sweet treats! The first day of summer typically involves gathering with friends and family to enjoy the warm outdoors, going to the pool, and watching the sunset on the longest day of the year. Get your summer celebrations going by trying out these delicious Perfect Pineapple smoothie recipes at your backyard hangout.
Tropical Pineapple Smoothie
Smoothies are quick treats that are super refreshing. Enhance your time in the summer sun with the tropical flavors involved in this simple treat. National Smoothie Day would be incomplete without it!
- ¾ cup Perfect Pineapple juice
- ½ banana cut in half
- ¾ cup frozen Perfect Pineapple chunks
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- Fresh Perfect Pineapple wedges and mint sprigs for garnish
- In a blender, add the pineapple juice, banana, frozen pineapple
- Once thoroughly blended, add vanilla Greek yogurt
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses. Garnish with pineapple wedges and mint sprigs
Recipe from Dinner at the Zoo
Pineapple Green Smoothie
Feed your smoothie cravings while keeping up with that summer health kick you’re on! The chia seeds and spinach in this smoothie add healthy omega-3 fats, fiber, and protein. A bonus to all the smoothies mentioned: Pineapple contains loads of vitamin C. Nutritious and delicious!
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ⅓ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup frozen banana slices
- ½ cup frozen Perfect Pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1-2 teaspoons pure maple syrup or honey
- Add almond milk and yogurt to a blender; mix.
- Then add spinach, banana, pineapple, chia, and sweetener
- Blend until smooth
- Pour the mixture into a glass and save the extras for later!
Recipe from Eating Well
Vegan Pineapple Strawberry Smoothie
This fruit-packed smoothie is guaranteed to satisfy your summer and smoothie celebration needs. As a plant-based recipe, this vegan smoothie is perfect for lots of dietary preferences. We challenge you to see if anyone skeptical they might enjoy a vegan dessert will even notice a difference!
- 1 ½ cups frozen Perfect Pineapple chunks
- 2 cups chopped frozen strawberries
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 ½ cup almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons Organic Protein Plant-Based Powder plain or vanilla-flavored to make it a protein smoothie
- Add all your liquid ingredients first to a high-speed blender, and then your chunks of frozen fruit.
- Use the blenders ice function if you are using frozen fruit, and blend at high speed
- Use the blenders smoothie option if you are using fresh fruit, and use extra ice and 1 extra tablespoon of maple syrup
- Add more almond milk for creaminess, more pineapple to thicken, or more maple syrup for additional sweetness
- Serve immediately or store in a closed mason jar for up to 3 days.
Recipe from Our Plant-Based World
Want more simple pineapple recipes sent to your inbox? Sign up for our newsletter today.