According to feng shui practitioners, certain “lucky” fruits symbolize each month of the year, bringing prospects from money to health and happiness. The Chinese word for pineapple is “ong-lai,” which means “fortune cones,” and according to feng shui masters are a necessary item when preparing your home for the New Year.
Bring luck to your loved ones as you ring in the New Year with a fun twist on the classic mimosa below. Cheers!
- 6oz Sparkling Wine or Champagne
- 1oz Passionfruit Puree or Nectar
- 1oz fresh Pineapple Juice (Hint – for the best taste and New Year’s luck, use the juice of a fresh, Chestnut Hill Farms pineapple!)
- Slice or two of fresh, Chestnut Hill Farms pineapple (grilling the pineapple is a fun option to add even more interesting flavor!)
- Dash of Nutmeg to finish
- In a champagne flute, fill the glass ¾ full with sparkling wine or champagne.
- Once the bubbles settle, pour in 1oz each of passionfruit puree or nectar and fresh pineapple juice from your Chestnut Hill Farms pineapple.
- Top with a small dash of nutmeg and garnish with a wedge or ring of pineapple on the rim.
- Toast to a prosperous 2018 ahead!
Hosting a party? For more pineapple cocktail recipes, including the Perfect Pineapple Punch, click here!
Looking to serve in something different? Try our pineapple key idea here!