- Is Pineapple Safe for Dogs?
- Start the New Year With a Healthy Detox
- How to Trim the Perfect Pineapple Christmas Tree
- ‘Tis the Season Holiday Gift Guide
- Make Your Holiday Season Sweeter with Pineapple
- Add Pineapple to your Thanksgiving Cornucopia
- Why Do People Get Sick in the Winter?
- Pineapple Production in Costa Rica
- Celebrating The Day of Masquerade
- Healthy Pineapple Snacks for Fall
Tag Archives: guacamole
4 Pineapple Recipes to Get the Fiesta Started This May
It’s nearly May, which means Cinco de Mayo is quickly approaching! Although we can’t celebrate the holiday at our favorite Mexican restaurants right now, there’s no excuse not to throw a party at home. Whip up some of our favorite tropical treats, schedule a Skype session with your friends and family, and play some great music for the perfect, quarantine-friendly fiesta.(more…)
Everyone loves guacamole. There’s no discussion about this. Find us one person who doesn’t love guacamole and we’ll call your bluff…they must be a robot! While everyone loves guacamole, everyone also has their perfect way of making it. Now that part, we agree, is debatable.
Some like it with more onions, others with more lime juice and some (may we dare say it) claim that great guacamole is made without cilantro…Yeah…guacward.
But we’re not here to debate which recipe is best. Instead, we would like to introduce a new recipe to your collection. Introducing: Pineapple Guacamole! This pineapple guacamole recipe, courtesy of the always creatively talented Ali at GimmeSomeOven.com, is easy to make, made with fresh ingredients, and adds The Perfect Pineapple® for a perfectly sweet and delicious twist:
PREP: 10 MINS COOK: 0 MINS TOTAL: 10 MINS
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 jalapeno, stem and seeds removed, minced (add more or less to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups diced fresh pineapple, plus extra for topping
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. coarse sea salt
- dash of cumin
Mash together avocados, jalapeno, pineapple, onion, lime juice, cilantro, salt, cumin with a fork until well-mixed.
Serve immediately, garnished with extra fresh pineapple and chopped cilantro, served with corn tortilla chips. Or cover the bowl with plastic wrap (so that the plastic is literally touching the entire top layer of the guacamole) and refrigerate.